1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the same way. You don't know how much photoshop were done on these pictures. The ones they showed in ACGHK were badly proportion compared to these. I'm not convinced that they corrected those issues that quickly.

These actually look decent. More details than the first prototype pics they showed. That Cheadle sculpt is awesome!

I'm still not convinced, however, and in-hand pics will help to make the final decision. After all, I wasn't that impressed with their 1/6 Mk. 42 release.

yep- 1/6 Mk VII to me was a huge disappointment- soft details and not so great paint aps...these 1/4 pics (even airbrushed and made to look nicer) are not great at all.......

Sorry but these are expensive HT wanna-bes

I think they can get the proportion just right like they did to the mark 7. thinks to watch out for are: QC problem, less details compared to HT. the cheadle sculpt looks great IMO

Next year there is going to be such a GLUT of IM3 stuff it will just destroy outside lines like these..HT will sell out their stuff but by then we'll have so much from a year-old film I just wonder if the interest will be over...

Are they really serious about that torso on Warmachine 2?? Ahhhahaha it's like they took a sharpie and drew the lines instead of sculpting the armor plates. :pfft: Also the color has way too much contrast in comparison to Hot Toy's which is just right. :dunno

Are they really serious about that torso on Warmachine 2?? Ahhhahaha it's like they took a sharpie and drew the lines instead of sculpting the armor plates. :pfft: Also the color has way too much contrast in comparison to Hot Toy's which is just right. :dunno

It's been a while since I seen IM3, but was the grey War Machine even in the movie? I only recall seeing the Iron Patriot version...

It's been a while since I seen IM3, but was the grey War Machine even in the movie? I only recall seeing the Iron Patriot version...

No it's not in the movie but there's concept art of WM2.0 floating around:

War_Machine_Armor_MK_II_(Earth-199999)_001.jpg

the proportion looks great. but with $600 price range, I'll wait until I get my hands on their mark 42 first before I put my next preorder.
I have the feeling, they will still have less details compared to hot toys, but still look good nonetheless.

Play Imaginative brings pop-culture to the fans!

Fans will be treated to a full preview of Play Imaginative’s upcoming Super Alloy Iron Man Collectible Figures. Over 100 display prototypes from Marvel’s Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and The Avengers movies, will be unveiled at the Super Alloy by Play Imaginative booth H3.

Fans also have the opportunity to get autographs from Adi Granov, who has worked on illustrations in the Iron Man comics and movies.

Hang out with our life-sized Iron Man Mark 42 fibreglass figure sitting on a couch, as seen in Marvel’s Iron Man 3 movie.

Over at the Play Imaginative booth G3, we have a number of vinyl collectible figures released, from licenses such as Disney, DC Comics, SpongeBob SquarePants, Paul Frank, Happy Tree Friends, and TO-FU Oyako. Fan-favourites - The DEVILROBOTS - return to meet fans, and autograph their new figures!
it seems like PI already secured the license from Iron Man 1. would be interested to see 1 1/4 mark 1 :yess:

Back