1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look pretty good and the gaps are much better. If their 1/4 looked like that I'd call it a win! Is that crotch section a softer plastic like hot toys? Looks like it might be.

Now, that diecast does look much better. Paint app seems pretty clean too.
I think the only way they were able to close the gap is by using something flexible so you could be right about the underwear.

Looking forward to the reviews once this gets released.

9380983641_5f3ba8f400_o.jpg

from PI facebook

Kudos to PI for tackling so many variations. Still, the proportions on many of those look off accentuated by wonky poses.

Mark 42 and VII and heart breaker have the best proportions I think. The rest are all deformed.

Wonky poses indeed! Probably because they cant achieve a proper repulsor pose. Which is a must for me.

Damn, some of those figures are crazy cool, just bring the price down, not ready to jump ship yet, but seeing that HT take forever..i just don't know

Personally,i think the proportions look fine,it's just the pose that was selected that makes it look off!I imagine the reason for the "wonky poses" is to show the level of articulation that PI IM bodies can achieve,which isn't bad for a 1/4 scale Alloy body!^_^ By the way,it's GOOD to see that your back Y4NK33!There was a moment in time when some freaks were about to send a private investigator to find out what happened to you!LOL!Glad to see you back!

Personally,i think the proportions look fine,it's just the pose that was selected that makes it look off!I imagine the reason for the "wonky poses" is to show the level of articulation that PI IM bodies can achieve,which isn't bad for a 1/4 scale Alloy body!^_^ By the way,it's GOOD to see that your back Y4NK33!There was a moment in time when some freaks were about to send a private investigator to find out what happened to you!LOL!Glad to see you back!

That's a good point. But look at the patriot next to the mark 42. His hips don't lie! :panic: if they all looked like the mark 42 I'd be happy. Definitely can get some good poses, but is rather have them look more accurate then them be able to do the splits.

That's a good point. But look at the patriot next to the mark 42. His hips don't lie! :panic: if they all looked like the mark 42 I'd be happy. Definitely can get some good poses, but is rather have them look more accurate then them be able to do the splits.
:exactly: although I'd say I expect them to do better than their mark 7.

You can tell the Mk.VII is the one that's ready for release.
The rest all need some improvements, whether it's trying to close gaps, improve proportions, and/or narrow the hips.

The 1/4 Mk.42, however, is almost complete. They still need to work on closing the gap where the chest armor meets the abdomen and where the thighs meet the underwear.

To my understanding, yes. That's the figure that they've been working on the longest.

I thought the same at first. But if the boxes they are in are the same height the mark 42 seems to be in 1/4 scale.

On yesanime I think it says October release date for war machine and star boost. Wither they're pushing that way back or we are gonna be stuck with these. Don't see any drastic changes happening in three months. :(

You can tell the Mk.VII is the one that's ready for release.
The rest all need some improvements, whether it's trying to close gaps, improve proportions, and/or narrow the hips.

The 1/4 Mk.42, however, is almost complete. They still need to work on closing the gap where the chest armor meets the abdomen and where the thighs meet the underwear.
their mark 7 underwear was made of plastic, so they're able to close the gap.
wonder if they can do the same or better on diecast underwear
I thought the same at first. But if the boxes they are in are the same height the mark 42 seems to be in 1/4 scale.

On yesanime I think it says October release date for war machine and star boost. Wither they're pushing that way back or we are gonna be stuck with these. Don't see any drastic changes happening in three months. :(
it's unlikely. they knew their mark 7 can only be sold to singapore market, so maybe PI moved fast to better prospect, that was iron man 3 1/4 scale license. so no wonder, the mark 7 had delay after delay.
and PI seemed to always give fake release date like the mark 42 which is supposed to be released on september but being pushed back to november. of course that was my opinion :lol
and you're right, I noticed that 1/4 scale mark 7:hi5:

None of them can do a repulsor pose? FAIL :monkey1

I asked the guy about that and he said the hand can go back only about 35 degrees. But he said that it may not be final.
Also they had one of the markvii legs available to handle. It was made of metal except for the silver part on the front of the thigh, that was plastic. It felt quite hefty. Also it had two pretty big screw holes on the backside of the leg. The joints were pretty stiff, but I'm concerned about the big ball joint that connects the leg to the torso.. looks like it will wear with repeated reposing, plus if the weight of the leg is any indication, the torso and arms will be very heavy and that's a lot to ask of a ball joint to support.

Last edited:
I asked the guy about that and he said the hand can go back only about 35 degrees. But he said that it may not be final.
Also they had one of the markvii legs available to handle. It was made of metal except for the silver part on the front of the thigh, that was plastic. It felt quite hefty. Also it had two pretty big screw holes on the backside of the leg. The joints were pretty stiff, but I'm concerned about the big ball joint that connects the leg to the torso.. looks like it will wear with repeated reposing, plus if the weight of the leg is any indication, the torso and arms will be very heavy and that's a lot to ask of a ball joint to support.

A lot of good info there! To me 35 degrees just looks a little silly. Like he's high fiving someone. That's why the hot toys mark VII was my first iron man. If they manage to make something like the hot toys ones I would definitely be tempted to get at least one of them.

I can definitely see the 1/4 scale ones getting some tired arms and legs after awhile if they are that heavy. Are they like rachet click joints?

from what I know their mark 7 can't do the repulsor pose.
but their 1/12 & 1/4 line can do just fine.
is there any complain yet about their 52 batman's shoulder joint & leg joint?

anyway, this is their 1/6 mark 7 preview

Last edited:
from what I know their mark 7 can't do the repulsor pose.
but their 1/12 & 1/4 line can do just fine.
is there any complain yet about their 52 batman's shoulder joint & leg joint?

anyway, this is their 1/6 mark 7 preview

So the 1/4 have a hand like the hot toys one? Or it's just passable like the old hot toys iron men?

That 1/6 mark VII looks pretty sweet. I've seen vids on the batman and the arm joints especially seem very flimsy. These look like they're made a lot better.

So the 1/4 have a hand like the hot toys one? Or it's just passable like the old hot toys iron men?

That 1/6 mark VII looks pretty sweet. I've seen vids on the batman and the arm joints especially seem very flimsy. These look like they're made a lot better.

There will be hands for repulsor pose. :yess:

Back