1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint apps on diecast looks good, but not so great on the HS
pretty good sculpt so far.
proportions a bit off, maybe the angle, or maybe they did it to compensate for more articulation, or maybe they rushed it.
overall I think, PI won't dissapoint me, but I won't buy all of the figures either. I didn't even saw them on screen:lol :slap

Last edited:
I agree with the proportions. Those HS paint apps don't compare to HT. Especially for $600 figures. And the pepper HS looks like a Barbie face. Super soft.

So far HT has the upper hand over PI in terms of...well...everything. It would have been a big risk if they'd tried to eat some of HT's market share inthe 1/6 market...but the way I see it, for someone new to the game, going straight to the 1/4 game is just way too much risk.

I'd rather wait for HT to inevitably release their 1/4 offerings, than to shell out $600 on something produced by a company which so far does not have a track record to speak of yet.

So far HT has the upper hand over PI in terms of...well...everything. It would have been a big risk if they'd tried to eat some of HT's market share inthe 1/6 market...but the way I see it, for someone new to the game, going straight to the 1/4 game is just way too much risk.

I'd rather wait for HT to inevitably release their 1/4 offerings, than to shell out $600 on something produced by a company which so far does not have a track record to speak of yet.

Agreed.
What appeals to me the most about these PI offerings are 1/4 and diecast.

Did Hot Toys reveal that they would be doing any of the armors in 1/4 or diecast?

Agreed.

Did Hot Toys reveal that they would be doing any of the armors in 1/4 or diecast?

Not yet I think, but with Hot Toys' obsession with Iron Man, i believe it's only a matter of time :lol

Agreed.

I agree it's saver if we all wait for Hot toys, but maybe they won't make it anytime soon :slap
I'll keep further opinions after seeing the final product of their mark 7 from meanwhile :impatient:

I think PI focused on quantity first then quality. Look how many suits they showed already.

Again I agree :hi5:
but I wonder who'll buy all those 1/4 suits. Gonna eat up lots of space, not mentioning the price:monkey1

Someone like Averone would be my guess :lol

These are really tempting. I'm looking forward to reading reviews here by fellow Freaks before deciding definitively. The price is brutal but if the quality is there they will make an incredible display.

Respectfully disagree.

Hot Toys is guilty of doing this as well. :wave
Well, maybe also because hot toys is much bigger company.
Someone like Averone would be my guess :lol

These are really tempting. I'm looking forward to reading reviews here by fellow Freaks before deciding definitively. The price is brutal but if the quality is there they will make an incredible display.

I definitely will give review at least in pics :wave

970162_561066907272184_2094590865_n.jpg

544427_561066930605515_1753638592_n.jpg

How come this company can pull off a Pepper Potts sculpt and
Hot Toys can't?
:dunno:slap:gah:

Well, maybe also because hot toys is much bigger company.
Yes, but that just means they announce that much more. In addition to Marvel, they announce, DC, Predator, Terminator, Johnny Depp stuff, etc... all within a very close timeframe. There's no possible way they could deliver all the figures they propose in a timely manner.

I definitely will give review at least in pics :wave
That would be awesome. Sounds like you're already committed.

Looks like Gemini and War Machine Mark II 1/4 scale are both up at YesAnime, but it looks like you can only pay through Paypal for now. Also, pics on the website don't look like the pieces they have on display.

Back