1/4 Scale Monster Comparison pics...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Creech:

Not Photoshopped, just a result of the lighting. However, I did cut the thread to relax the sleeves of the coat.

mmmy.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Hey, Creech:

Not Photoshopped, just a result of the lighting. However, I did cut the thread to relax the sleeves of the coat.

I'm glad to hear of someone doing this. From day one, I have considered it but haven't done it. Thought it would make it look better though.

I'm definitely glad to finally see comparison pics. I have reconsidered purchasing the Vampyre SSE. Just don't like it like I thought I would. Frankie I definitely will still consider at some point. And honestly I really like the SSE Dracula better I believe. I had purchased him since I missed out on the color version with the intention of tracking the regular down at some point. Now that is not as important to me. I still may end up with later on, but it won't be as big a priority now.

What gets me so upset is that Orlok is my favorite among all the old horror monsters, and the photo of the "prototype" is great. But when compared to the reeal thing the eyes are just too round and it has that scared look, while the prototype has the right look where the eyes are not so opened and the expression on Orloks face is just right.
________
jailbreak

Last edited:
Hmmm???

Kurt, how accurate are the colors on your Frank? The skin tone on mine appears a much greener tint that your pictures. In fact, I would say the skin is more green than tan. I can see the darker color of the end of the nose on yours, but I think mine looks darker because of the overall greener color. Very interesting! I knew there were differences in paint application because it is hand-painted, but I wouldn't have thought there would be that much difference in the actual color palette. :google

The coloured PF Vampyre, I won off ebay, just arrived, fingernails intact. This was all your fault Lonnie. Thank you. So what can I say. He's great. I'm so glad there is a relevant thread to post this in.

Just to be nit picky MINE hasn't as much hair over the ears, and all his hair is a grey colour, whereas yours looks black to me. Of course there's the need for leather to be used in the footwear of these figures. I would have liked them to have used a leather cuff on his jacket, more akin to what was used on the 1/6 figure. His eyes weren't painted as good as they might have been, and thats all I can pick on. He's a beaut.

So, we only need pics of The Wolfman, London after Midnight, and the Phantom of the Opera. I would be most interested in a further discussion of the rest of the PF figures. I haven't got the Phantom so I'd like to hear what, those of you who have, have got to say.

Thanks Lonnie, I did forged aboud id. Needed that reminder.

Pretty happy for a miserable b....... aren't ya? And so you should be.

So damn miserable :banana miserable :mexwave miserable :family

The Phantom is nice Creech,the lapels on his vest are dark maroon wich give him just a hint of color,wich is something lacking in the London after Midnight's outfit.The head sculp is a little softer than the London figure,but still it's a subtlety that I like.The flesh tone is a sickly pale yellow ,much like the quarter scale Nosferatu.He is in perfect scale with the other Chaney figure.

lcummins said:
Kurt, how accurate are the colors on your Frank?
Who's this "Kurt" person you keep referring to?

My cheesy attempt at dramatic lighting does make the paint appear more tan than green. This pic of my PF Jeremy Irons... er... Boris Karloff as the Monster is much more accurate (overhead lighting, no flash):

jeremystein.jpg

creecher said:
So, we only need pics of The Wolfman, London after Midnight, and the Phantom of the Opera.
I posted these on the old board but, here they are, again:

vmpyr_dt.jpg

vmpyr_tryptc.jpg

phntm_tryptc.jpg

lam_mb.jpg

Haven't gotten around to taking any pix of the Wolf Man, yet. Soon.

creecher said:
Of course there's the need for leather to be used in the footwear of these figures.
I'm with you, Creech!

creecher said:
I haven't got the Phantom so I'd like to hear what, those of you who have, have got to say.
What Poelzig said! Go get him!

Thanks guys, I should have guessed I would be given the 'grab 'em, grab 'em all', call. Unfortunately I am dead in the water for the next 10 weeks at least, and Mark has him for $157-50 at the moment. I don't see that lasting too long.

Thems the breaks, I reckon I will have a better chance of scooping him up in the new year than I did tracking down the Vampyre. I put myself on the waiting list, but had to decide the risk was too great, even if it cost a few extra dollars. My Vampyres tufts only just pass the point of his ears, as if he isn't bald enough already. I think I will still be struggling next year, as I expect another PF figure will surely be announced.

:happybday Mr Bela Lugosi. Thanks for everything. :bat

And thank you too Andy and Sideshow, for the realised dreams.

1/4 SSE Frankenstein arrived today. I ordered when there was a discount on him during Spooktacular. MUCH BIGGER than I thought he would be.

I prefer SSE than the colored version but I have yet to see a colored version in person. Maybe next will be SSE Dracula.
Now to find a place to display him...

which is the better version of Frankenstein? Black and white or regular colour version? I cant tell!:D Im thinking colour but the B&W version portrays the atmosphere and lighting well...

Back