1/4 Lurtz Price Speculation Thread..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster said:
ebay or a dealer will be the way to go, unless there's an exclusive. But I imagine its going to be a high edition due to scalpers trying to make Balrog money, and who never woke up to notice them days are over. Its like the last run of the LOTR statues where everyone dropped so much in price. I expect the same here, so unless theres an exclusive dealers/ebay.

This being a priority preorder window would suggest a exclusive but I could be wrong

1/4 Lurtz Price Speculation

I would agree. Seeing there is a preorder window of opportunity, it does suggest an exclusive.

Sideshow is flexible, so I wouldn't assume anything. It may be that it is a regular, and that dealers around the planet are able to order some. The popularity of the LotR's gives Sideshow the opportunity of clearing the remainder out quick smart, with the new newsletter arrangements and what is becoming the newsletter sale hour. That being said. The newsletter sale hour precedes the shipping of predetermined items to the dealers. Bringing a number of Sideshow policies together. It may eventually mean items could get shipped directly from China, to the predetermined destinations, whether they be customers or dealers.

I don't think it is viable at the present, as it would mean higher shipping of an item to a stateside customer or dealer. Which is the biggest market. Even if they did it partially it would mean a drop in price for me, because I live closer to China, and am, afterall, subsidising shipping of product to the states, via container, only to have to pay again to have it shipped back across to here. If you can't follow, don't worry, it happens to me all the time.

The pre-order happening for Newsletter members, will probably be another SSE version for Lurtz.

Price, hopefully, will be no more than $300, prefer $275.

Hopefully it's not more that $350. I don't see why it should cost more than Vader.

Hi Everyone,

This is a guess, but I would say $275.00 to $300.00. Sideshow has had
the Newline License for a while and their Premium format figures vary in price from something like a Thing Maquette which has a MSRP of $175.00 to the Freddy and Jason PF which are in the low to mid $200.00 range, up to Star Wars which goes to $450.00. I can't see it being that high. I would say a $300.00 MSRP would be a good price point as long as the figure stands 16 inches tall and has some weight to it. LOL, I do not care how much it costs. I have been waiting for this piece for a real long time. My Weta Lurts is lonely and needs a new friend.

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

Weta Lurtz is another underrated statue. I saw pics of it, didn't look too impressive, but in my collection Lurtz rocks. I have him displayed aside of Saruman Statue.

I am eagerly waiting to see more pics of Lurtz PF. $275 to $300 sounds like a good number.

mrichards2002 said:
I would say a $300.00 MSRP would be a good price point as long as the figure stands 16 inches tall and has some weight to it.

I hope that wasn't info that was obtained from SS, I wasn't aware it was only 16" tall!!! He looked alot taller then 5'4" in the movie. If that is the case first off it's not 1/4 scale second off it should only cost $200 to $250 at most.

According to TORN Lurtz is over 7' tall. Just at 7' would make him 21 inches w/o the base. Lawrence Makoare himself is 6'5" so even going just by the actor's hight he should be 19.5 inches tall.

Jesse

Last edited:
Sideshow's saving grace is that they only plan on releasing one or two figures per year. That certainly gives us time to gather up the funds. I have a feeling that these will have a low ES simply due to the fact that they are so expensive.

My guess on price for Lurtz: $400.00

That's pretty expensive. I may not be able to play ball with this PF line.

Sideshow's saving grace is that they only plan on releasing one or two figures per year.

I think the quote was "only 2 or 3 the FIRST year." I think it's open as to how many they'll produce in the future. As they troubleshoot production on the PFs we may see them start to fly at us fast and furious. 7 months from Luke to Han, but then less than a month between Han, Darth and Obi-Wan with Grievous and Leia not too far behind.

i would hope 250-300 dollar range.with so many companies doing statues currently my pocket would appreciate some reasonably priced sideshow stuff

400+ most likely. It will be an impressive piece with leather and metal armor which should rise his price. The lowest prices in this line (350 or less) I think we'll only see on hobbits or statues with just cloth clothing (gandalf, the women...)

Of all the ++++ing threads to necropost :confused:

Someone doesn't want to make friends :emperor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back