1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone. My 1/4 BB arrived and I’m a little ticked off given the condition it arrived in. Below is a picture and since I have packouts requested on my orders I’m guessing SS decided they weren’t doing that for this figure. That sucks, and I could tolerate it if it didn’t appear as though the box was opened and then taped back up. Has anyone else’s figure arrived like this and is it worth complaining to SS about? Thanks in advance!View attachment 427486
How's the figure inside though?
Has it been opened/ posed?
If it's just the shipper, personally I wouldn't mind too much.

SS doesn’t do packouts in boxes this large FYI. Even on some larger 1/6 figure sets they won’t. Been doing packouts for 8 years from them lol.

Well if he was just charged for normal shipping and not pack out, fair enough. If he was charged the extra packout, that is bulll****.

Is there a trick to taking the black neck section out of this figure? I want to put the Brice Wayne sculpt on, but when I took the Batman head off, the neck piece stayed and I can't remove it from its ball joint :(

Hi guys,

I saw a couple of videos that showed shiny scuff marks on this and the older QS01, with very little use (for example the head and where the hands attach)

Is anyone else having problems with scuffing the finish on this? Is there any way to bring the finish back?

Would really like this, but this is worrying me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi everyone - thanks for your advice on how to handle my poorly taped shipper from SS! Just for clarity, I wasn't charged for a packout, but find it infuriating that SS doesn't do it for larger items like QS figures.

Anyway, after finally opening the figure this weekend I'm starting to think I got a figure that was returned to SS by another buyer. Attached is a pic showing the torso section of the suit not sitting flush as it tapers down is is glued to the legs (it's on the other side of the figure as well). I looked at some other pictures on the board and while there may be a little bit of a gap, the one on my figure seems to stand out more.

If anyone has dealt with this and it's an easy fix than I can just re-glue it myself, just kind of aggravating that I have to do that on an almost $500 figure. Thanks! IMG_0016.jpg

Hi everyone - thanks for your advice on how to handle my poorly taped shipper from SS! Just for clarity, I wasn't charged for a packout, but find it infuriating that SS doesn't do it for larger items like QS figures.

Anyway, after finally opening the figure this weekend I'm starting to think I got a figure that was returned to SS by another buyer. Attached is a pic showing the torso section of the suit not sitting flush as it tapers down is is glued to the legs (it's on the other side of the figure as well). I looked at some other pictures on the board and while there may be a little bit of a gap, the one on my figure seems to stand out more.

If anyone has dealt with this and it's an easy fix than I can just re-glue it myself, just kind of aggravating that I have to do that on an almost $500 figure. Thanks!View attachment 427912

If you mean that the torso and ab section is loose fitting than mine is the same way. It’s almost as if he’s wearing an apron that’s tight on the chest but soft at the abdomen.

Yes the ab section is quite loose fitting but with the belt on it shouldn't be very noticeable. The Enterbay is the same.

Hello,

I have purchased QS009 from one of the trusted sellers on eBay and I have received it today. Unfortunately, there are clear marks on the forehead and nose of cowl. I am pretty sure it is QC issue. Has anyone have the same problem? What would you suggest me to do? Can I solve it directly with contacting Hot Toys or does seller have to be involved and contact with them?

IMG-0084.jpg

Hi guys,

I saw a couple of videos that showed shiny scuff marks on this and the older QS01, with very little use (for example the head and where the hands attach)

Is anyone else having problems with scuffing the finish on this? Is there any way to bring the finish back?

Would really like this, but this is worrying me.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have purchased QS009 from one of the trusted sellers on eBay and I have received it today. Unfortunately, there are clear marks on the forehead and nose of cowl. I am pretty sure it is QC issue. Has anyone have the same problem?

I have the same marks but not much on I think the legs.

Guess I will just avoid this then. Was looking for the Enterbay one, but would have liked this for the first night out look. Apart from the shine, the entire body seems better, shame (I know I would end up getting a marked one, or marking it myself as it seems a very fragile finish)

I have the same marks but not much on I think the legs.

I would be okay with legs but it is so obvious on the cowl and some marks on the nose as well. Also considering it is quarter scale, it will be much more expensive to replace it now or in the future. I can’t even find listings on eBay.

I just got this figure, finally. comparing this with my enterbay batman figure, sadly HT can’t surpassed eb in terms of cowl likeness. also can’t say I’m impressed on bale headsculpt neither. overall I’m still glad to purchase this figure but not really blown away by HT efforts

The QS bats don't seem to sell that well. The TDK bats took a while to sell out, and could even be found for like $400 and under for a time (now its $650+). The EB bats even hit $300.

The QS bats don't seem to sell that well. The TDK bats took a while to sell out, and could even be found for like $400 and under for a time (now its $650+). The EB bats even hit $300.

Hard to understand when they are so much better than the underwhelming 1/6 scale Nolan Batman figures Hot Toys produced.

Yeah, I just got him in today, but I’m not even gonna open it. If anyone is interested shoot me an offer. Cheers.

Back