1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cae9b7ff5ce422d21fd591b49b6af150.jpg

Some new pics off Instagram.

The last one I asked the IG user kimlam168 to send me a pic comparing the QS001 and 009.

Looks like the 009 is a bit bigger than the 001. But I really don't mind at this point. I'm all on board for this Batman figure. I always loved the Begins suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at that the height difference doesn't seem too bad. What an awesome Batman collection he has!

My figure has now reached the UK. Released from customs just a few minutes later so hopefully that will mean no extra charges and I should have it with me in a day or two.

Oh well paid a bit more but not to like the crazy prices I've seen see on eBay so what the heck I wanted it in a few weeks and not the end of summer here in the states.

Excuse the crap pic, Photography not my strong point. :lol
Only just unboxed him, not futzed it properly yet. My QS001 has a wired cape now so I just took it off for now and tucked the arms in to stand them close together.

bats.jpg

They scale pretty well actually. At the top of his cowl he's a little taller but not by a lot. Everything is pretty much in line until the shoulders where the QS009's are noticeably higher but I suppose that's more a reflection on the different suits. Certainly shouldn't be any problem displaying them together.

Can u make a video comparison with
QS001 and QS009.
Which one do u like more?
Thx for the reply

Seeing it in hand the finish of the suit is much better than I thought. Definitely not as shiny as it looks but hard to capture on camera for some reason.

Satin was the right description, it's not high gloss but the camera can give that impression. Depends on lighting to. There is some contrast between the suit and cape. A jet black velvet custom cape would would only improve things further.

The base again is better than I thought. It's actually a really nice finish with a matte background but the bats making up the bat symbol shiny giving an almost 3D effect. The only part that spoils it being the cheap plastic bats on the front, either side of the metalic name plate.

If they could be snapped off somehow without damaging the rest it would look very good. Don't think I'll be risking it though. He stands really well on his own if you don't want to use the base.

Wow that 1/4 B.B. bats isn’t no joke. Looks very nice and the body proportions look way more realistic the TDK version. Well the clear winner is the B.B. can’t wait to see the joker.

Seeing it in hand the finish of the suit is much better than I thought. Definitely not as shiny as it looks but hard to capture on camera for some reason.

Satin was the right description, it's not high gloss but the camera can give that impression. Depends on lighting to. There is some contrast between the suit and cape. A jet black velvet custom cape would would only improve things further.

The base again is better than I thought. It's actually a really nice finish with a matte background but the bats making up the bat symbol shiny giving an almost 3D effect. The only part that spoils it being the cheap plastic bats on the front, either side of the metalic name plate.

If they could be snapped off somehow without damaging the rest it would look very good. Don't think I'll be risking it though. He stands really well on his own if you don't want to use the base.

In your opinion, do you think the clips that hold the cape where they attach to the figure by magnets are easy to pop off or get apart? For a custom cape

In your opinion, do you think the clips that hold the cape where they attach to the figure by magnets are easy to pop off or get apart? For a custom cape

Yes, it should be fairly easy to remove the cape from the clips but I doubt you'd be able to use it again. It's stitched on and held pretty firmly. A custom cape made of a thinner material should then be held in place with the force of the magnets just as the Enterbay figure is.

In fact I've just tried the Jaxon custom cape from my Enterbay Batman on the Hot Toys figure and it works perfectly. This is using the clips from the Enterbay as the clips you get with the QS009 are stitched to the cape like I said. Hope that makes sense, I'm confusing myself here. :lol

DSC_1566.JPG

Also a pic of both the Enterbay and the SQ009 together, again not the best sorry. I prefer the cowl on the Enterbay, it's the eyes I think but I honestly like both. Every other aspect the QS009 wins hands down. It's a wonderful figure, zero regrets here.

batman7.jpg

Yes, it should be fairly easy to remove the cape from the clips but I doubt you'd be able to use it again. It's stitched on and held pretty firmly. A custom cape made of a thinner material should then be held in place with the force of the magnets just as the Enterbay figure is.

In fact I've just tried the Jaxon custom cape from my Enterbay Batman on the Hot Toys figure and it works perfectly. This is using the clips from the Enterbay as the clips you get with the QS009 are stitched to the cape like I said. Hope that makes sense, I'm confusing myself here. :lol

View attachment 416863

Also a pic of both the Enterbay and the SQ009 together, again not the best sorry. I prefer the cowl on the Enterbay, it's the eyes I think but I honestly like both. Every other aspect the QS009 wins hands down. It's a wonderful figure, zero regrets here.

View attachment 416864

So a couple of questions...
Do you recommend the Jaxon custom for the QS001 and is it easy to put on?

Also, how do you personally rate this compared to the qs001?

Excuse the crap pic, Photography not my strong point. :lol
Only just unboxed him, not futzed it properly yet. My QS001 has a wired cape now so I just took it off for now and tucked the arms in to stand them close together.

View attachment 416834

They scale pretty well actually. At the top of his cowl he's a little taller but not by a lot. Everything is pretty much in line until the shoulders where the QS009's are noticeably higher but I suppose that's more a reflection on the different suits. Certainly shouldn't be any problem displaying them together.

Wowow thank you for the comparison!! They do both look in scale. The BB seemed a bit bigger/bulkier than the TDK suit, and this seems to reflect that. Simply cannot wait for this figure!

I still have to wonder what the hell they were thinking with the "Elvis Lip" faceplate… :dunno

I think the other two faceplates look good, my biggest gripe with the EB version is the eyes,
they look really fake the way they are painted… so Hot Toys automatically wins based on how they
paint their eyes alone.

I really think this figure should have gotten the moveable eyeball feature with the cowl, since
they only included the one cowl with him. Really, after these newest photos that is the only
thing that I would have rather had, feature-wise.

That weird faceplate would just stay in the box on this guy.

I have an Ilforigno 1/4 BB cape, wonder how it would look / work with this guy?

View attachment 416864[/QUOTE]

Nice comparison. I still see more of Bale in the EB version and prefer the look of the suit over HT.

And it's a shame they didn't incorporate the pers system into the cowl...

So a couple of questions...
Do you recommend the Jaxon custom for the QS001 and is it easy to put on?

Also, how do you personally rate this compared to the qs001?

Not sure if it would fit the QS001 but he does a custom cape for that figure to. I'd recommend it for the QS009(if one is brave enough to rip the stock cape from the magnetic clips) or the Enterbay Batman. Jaxon or Unreal Customs do awesome custom capes for pretty much every batman figure, wired and unwired. Can't go wrong with either in my experience. An yes very easy to attach.

It's very hard to compare this to the QS001 as they are totally different suits, much easier to compare it to the Enterbay. In terms of build quality I'd say QS001 and 009 are equal, both outstanding. You get more accessories with the QS001 but really it should just be a matter of which suit you prefer or if possible get both.

Zurdo95D said:
Wowow thank you for the comparison!! They do both look in scale. The BB seemed a bit bigger/bulkier than the TDK suit, and this seems to reflect that. Simply cannot wait for this figure!

No worries, glad if it helps at all. It's a great figure no doubt. Really can't wait for the Joker now, so many awesome display options.

If anyone is interested I tried the other two Bale heads on the figure. The QS001 head fits perfectly, the Enterbay head doesn't really fit in the neck peg but it does sit on there steady enough when the figure is still. Stock head first, then QS001 and finally Enterbay. I got fed up with the poor lighting so took them outside.

batman6.jpgDSC_1545.JPG
DSC_1542.JPG

The Bale sculpt actually looks better and better the more I look at it.

Back