1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha you literally copied the prototype not the actual figure. I agree Enterbay has a much better likeness. Plain and simple. With a hot Toys the suit is wrong and the faceplates look ok. The headsculpt on the other hand looks nothing like bale. For the price they charge we deserve better. Plain and simple

The headsculpt might not be as good as the QS001 but looks nothing like Bale...really? If I show it to people I reckon nearly all would instantly recognise it as Bale.

I just saw an unboxing on this, and my first impression was not good. I remember my first impressions on the Enterbay Batman, and my first reaction was WOW that IS BATMAN! Even the NECA looks good at first glance. Instant Pass for me and saved my wallet in the process.

you are the one convincing yourself not to buy it. i could care less if you do or don’t. sorry your not seeing Bale, but it is what it is.

man it’s like 2008 all over again. same people arguing about the same stupid things.

i’m done!!! no need to keep this going because you are all just going to say the same stuff over and over and then throw in uncalled for insults. just a waste of time. seriously.

later.

I'm with you buddy- I like the look of this thing in total...some folks love to attack but hey it's the internet- I have the EB version and believe me it has issues and isn't that great- the body is flat and looks stretched and very soft in detail.HT beats it from what I have seen

The suit doesn't look shiny here from Toyswire ig.

35998874_414889235680737_4591544103572865024_n.jpg
35576069_201826140519148_9146995161710985216_n.jpg

Damn, that looks good there and I do like the Bale sculpt. Can’t wait to see more reviews on this.

Wasn’t into collecting when EB released it so just glad I have a chance to pick up a 1/4 begins and joker to pair with my qs001.

Can’t wait to see deanknights review!

It looks plenty like Bale...really struggling to understand the criticisms of the cowl and mouth plates.

Size wise, from online pics and vid the cowl looks huge compared to the body. Could be a tad smaller so the body doesn't look underwhelmed.

As a side note, the way some of the guys critique the sculpt it seems like they will be only be satisfied if a shrink gun was used to shrink the real Bale to 1/6 to display in their cabinets. But people do have different standards so I can only attribute their displeasure to that.

Hot toys have long reduced the accompanying accessories compared to past releases I don't see a point to keep harping on that point. The only way to show your displeasure is to vote with your wallet. Perhaps if a significant enough number of people stopped buying their figures in protest for lack of accessories/heads they may look into it. However that seems unlikely.

I do prefer EB's suit and head aesthetics but that figure isn't without flaws, too small belt that needs cable ties, wrong cape clip positions, weak body, etc.

Both HT and EB have their pro and cons but as a figure that looks good OOB, HT definitely beats EB.

As surely as it wouldn't be a Hot Toys Nolan Batman thread without the criticisms neither would it be one without the obligatory shrink ray comment.

Patiently waiting for both the QS009 and Joker. I just picked up this Detolf specifically for them and TDKR Batman. Currently have the NECA counterparts in as stand ins. Once I have all 3 Hot Toys I think it's going to look really good.
20180705_191512.jpg

Anybody have more awesome photo gallery's that haven't been shared here? Also it's already been requested a few times but has anybody seen a picture of this next to the QS001? Really surprised that hasn't been seen yet; I thought the comparison would be one of the first things shared.

Anybody have more awesome photo gallery's that haven't been shared here? Also it's already been requested a few times but has anybody seen a picture of this next to the QS001? Really surprised that hasn't been seen yet; I thought the comparison would be one of the first things shared.

I keep looking for side by side pics with the QS001 to but not been able to find anything. We would have got Dean Knights videos on the figure by now but according to his last update customs have had it for three days. Hopefully someone does a review soon.

So far the only image I've been able to find that has both Hot Toy's 1/4 scales in the same picture. Not side by side but better than nothing until something else shows up.

35928270_1256997664430863_4787143799065280512_n.jpg

a7abb8d7397f9233aab22ef6e9ce7d19.jpg

bdaf20b0304cd9c5e44ea81223d6bdf6.jpg

cae9b7ff5ce422d21fd591b49b6af150.jpg

Some new pics off Instagram.

The last one I asked the IG user kimlam168 to send me a pic comparing the QS001 and 009.

Looks like the 009 is a bit bigger than the 001. But I really don't mind at this point. I'm all on board for this Batman figure. I always loved the Begins suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those pics are really really nice. The reviewers on toystv said they think the suit is a soft PVC which is a plus. Now I wonder if the joker will be in scale with this B.B. or TDK???

Back