1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4: Hot Toys - Quarter Scale - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Lots of QC issues, and they just didn’t look good.

I'm pretty happy with my NECA 1/4 Begins Batman but the detail on this one is obviously another level. Hope it goes up for pre-order soon.

Was the 1/6 version bad? Don't think I've ever seen it let alone had it in hand.

The Toy Fair was nice, but the QC issues really hurt it. But its still an expensive figure to buy used or new. I kept the MMS67 version because i liked it better. I appreciated the TF version because it went for a foam latex body armor which is what the movie armor was made of. The BWayne sculpt was pretty nice for the time as well and he came with lots of accessories as did MMS67.

So yeah, im hoping too for another attempt at 1/6 with better QC.

The Toy Fair was nice, but the QC issues really hurt it. But its still an expensive figure to buy used or new. I kept the MMS67 version because i liked it better. I appreciated the TF version because it went for a foam latex body armor which is what the movie armor was made of. The BWayne sculpt was pretty nice for the time as well and he came with lots of accessories as did MMS67.

So yeah, im hoping too for another attempt at 1/6 with better QC.

Same here. I hope an updated Begins will also be revisited even for one last time in 1/6. It's the only figure I need from the TDK Trilogy. I know a lot of fans love the figure particularly the most recent one, but I still can't get past the sculpt and proportion as well as the QC issue that I can get myself to buy one whenever it pops out in our local BST for a very good price.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the new quarter scales from HT would have a significant height difference compared to QS001. If I had a nitpick on QS001 it's that I think it's a tad undersized. Good thing that its base can help create an illusion that it's taller when I had it posed next to my EB Joker before.

Still a little surprised they didn't announce a 1/4 Batfleck but if they are revisiting previous versions first maybe a 1/4 Keaton Batman could be next. :)

Same here. I hope an updated Begins will also be revisited even for one last time in 1/6. It's the only figure I need from the TDK Trilogy. I know a lot of fans love the figure particularly the most recent one, but I still can't get past the sculpt and proportion as well as the QC issue that I can get myself to buy one whenever it pops out in our local BST for a very good price.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the new quarter scales from HT would have a significant height difference compared to QS001. If I had a nitpick on QS001 it's that I think it's a tad undersized. Good thing that its base can help create an illusion that it's taller when I had it posed next to my EB Joker before.

well its only undersized maybe compared to EB. I hope they don't forget to make the Begins and Joker same height proportions as QS001. If they do it correctly then all 3 will look great together.

So does this have one or two piece boots for anyone who has seen it close up?

So does this have one or two piece boots for anyone who has seen it close up?
one piece

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Still a little surprised they didn't announce a 1/4 Batfleck but if they are revisiting previous versions first maybe a 1/4 Keaton Batman could be next. :)

Sounds like Batfleck will be two and out (plus a cameo) like Keaton so soon joining the legacy line.

Bale at three is still our longest tenured movie batman so deserves 1/4 scale for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Batfleck will be two and out (plus a cameo) like Keaton so soon joining the legacy line.

Bale at three is still our longest tenured movie batman so deserves 1/4 scale for sure

You mean he's done after Justice League?

Amazing display to have this next to the TDKR 1/4. I hope that they kept the scale consistent...

So PERS? Or no PERS?

Looking at this picture here it's obvious they are PERS on the cowl sculpt because of that shiny look PERS have.

18057047_1513384135392564_3971092195790636303_n.jpg

Was the 1/6 version bad? Don't think I've ever seen it let alone had it in hand.

The cowl sculpt didn't look like Bale, which is why people make custom 1/6th cowl sculpts for it.

That's the word out there. Or that he'll be gracefully transitioned out in a subsequent film.

That's the word out there. Or that he'll be gracefully transitioned out in a subsequent film.

Dreadfully disappointing if true.

Not sure how he'd be "gracefully transitioned out" or what it could mean. Simply a new actor picking up where he leaves off? Or does it mean a new Batman, not Bruce Wayne, Batman Beyond style. :dunno

1/4: Hot Toys - Quarter Scale - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Wouldn't surprise me. These movies are doing nothing but hurt his career. A career he worked hard to revitalize by directing great films and starting in respectable ones IMO.

BvS was nothing but a joke, and he was the end of it mostly. Jl will be the same, I'm predicting a 14% Rt score.

Last edited:

Affleck has shot down those rumors today, says he's here to stay. At least for the new Batman.

Affleck has shot down those rumors today, says he's here to stay. At least for the new Batman.

They are promoting a film. I wouldn’t expect him to say “I’m done after this ****”. He’s getting paid to smile.

Wouldn't surprise me. These movies are doing nothing but hurt his career. A career he worked hard to revitalize by directing great films and starting in respectable ones IMO.

BvS was nothing but a joke, and he was the end of it mostly. Jl will be the same, I'm predicting 14% Rt score.

14% :lol surely not.

Back