1/4 Hot Toys - QS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's pretty awesome. Nothing is gonna be accurate at the smaller scales. But it looks great, and the helmet doesn't looks tons better.

That stormie helmet appears to be more off-model than the 1/6 release. The gap between the frown and the eye ridges is too big. Hard to tell with lens distortion and angle but it almost looks like the lateral tubes have better proportions, though. But that frown position is way low.

its been so dead with the 1/4 line.. HT and SSC .. dont get it.. They had the Vader showing off way more then 6 months ago..still no PO ... same with the Stormtrooper... its strange

It's a much much smaller group of collectors so it's not as high a priority. It's also a ton more tooling and engineering so it's a lot more difficult to get the machines set up. People seem to be pretty spoiled lately. 6 month wait used to be super quick, now it's cause to complain. With 20 releases a year (5 times the standard rate over 13 years) things will take time. And a 1/4 scale line requires almost completly new tooling. Even the body.

My prediction is they will make a 1/4 scale Jungle Hunter Predator eventually.

Based on what they have shown and released thus far it looks like HT is focusing on characters with covered joints or characters that are mechanical in nature where exposed joints make sense. Or in Little Groot's case.. no joints at all. (Endo, Batman, Fett, Groot, XLIII, XLV, Vader, StormTrooper). The exposed stomach and elbows might disqualify Predator. I think Captain America is a perfect fit as well as Joker, Spider-Man, Armored Thor, Superman, Loki, War Machine, C3P0, Yoda, R2D2 or even the Ghostbusters (which would be awesome but you would need all 4 of them and HT would never make that commitment)

HT did announce they were making 1/4 Preds ages ago. I would definitely buy a 1/4 Pred1 from HT and probably a few others but that announcement looks dead now so I won't hold my breath

Yeah I would be interested for sure. I'm happy with the Jungle Hunter Predator from NECA though. I'm happy to see HT show renewed interest in the QS line as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the lack of interest in these threads speaks volumes about the sustainability of HT doing this scale. It is an interesting gimmick, but just isn't something collectors are going to go all in with. Most collectors will avoid them altogether, and most of those who do buy will probably only buy one. 1/6 is where the interest is, and HT will probably reflect that with their future offerings.

1/4 scale is not a gimmick. Also, if theres little traffic on these threads its because HT will show an amazing 1/4 scale fig at a convention, then forget about it almost completely. How long have we known about 1/4 scale vader and stormtrooper now? The teased preds? Where are they? I realize figures take a looong time from step 1 to release, but come on.

1/4 scale figures from HT and EB are actually which have managed to grab back my attention to figures, where before I have been completely focused on statues so I'm hoping HT do make a big deal of there 1/4 line's

1/4 scale is not a gimmick. Also, if theres little traffic on these threads its because HT will show an amazing 1/4 scale fig at a convention, then forget about it almost completely. How long have we known about 1/4 scale vader and stormtrooper now? The teased preds? Where are they? I realize figures take a looong time from step 1 to release, but come on.

No offense intended to those who want to collect them. They are impressive. But by and large, the 1/6 slash high end collector-base seems to be viewing these as more as an interesting distraction from "real," core collecting needs than anything else. Enterbay's experience, then HT's limited enthusiasm speaks to this. It's just not a big thing. If it was, we would have seen more than 2 (3 if you include Boba) figures from HT over the last several years. Similar to the Cosbabies or vehicles from HT, we'll probably see these here and there, but not very often, and usually restricted to more iconic characters.

im sure the 1/4 HT will find great interest for all the PF collectors like me.. but I believe Boba was a bad first release ..same time Sideshow brought out theirs what is very good !...

its just HT will never find out if they dont put them out :slap:impatient:

There is certainly a 1/4 market.. Be it figure collectors or statue collectors. Lots of debate was had in the Boba Fett thread as collectors pondered whether the PF or HT figure was the way to go. Neca is charging full speed into the world of 1/4 and Hot Toys adds momentum with each 1/4 scale release. 43 is going to be the figure that ushers in mass acceptance I believe. Fett is already changing some opinions I believe with his huge PF like base. This particular thread was dead because HT is not providing anything to talk about. The other 1/4 threads with released and soon to be released figures have good participation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back