1/4 DC Comics line - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Sideshow saying goodbye to creating the DC and Marvel lines themselves and just focusing on other projects (like the Court of the Dead) where they probably see a bigger markup? If they continue to distribute in North America, it is still a win for them. Very interesting news...

Is Sideshow saying goodbye to creating the DC and Marvel lines themselves and just focusing on other projects (like the Court of the Dead) where they probably see a bigger markup? If they continue to distribute in North America, it is still a win for them. Very interesting news...

But they just announced new Marvel and DC 1:4 scale projects. How could they produce Lex Luthor, Gamora, Dark Phoenix, and Captain Marvel if they were giving up the license?

It's always good news when collectors have more options. Hopefully the competition will keep Sideshow's prices in check since they have been escalating so quickly. I guess even if they don't at least I will have an alternative option for some of the DC characters that I pass on from Sideshow.

But they just announced new Marvel and DC 1:4 scale projects. How could they produce Lex Luthor, Gamora, Dark Phoenix, and Captain Marvel if they were giving up the license?

I agree it does seem odd but maybe their order deadline goes through a certain period, say March of this year? I was just theorizing because I thought they did have an exclusive license here. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, Gentle Giant has a license too so I'm probably totally wrong (which wouldn't be the first time). Regardless, this is great new for collectors. More options = win.

Gee, I stuck to 1/4 scale comic Batman statues from Sideshow to keep my budget under control. :slap

Definitely a win ...especially since P1 does fully sculpted pieces.

I'm in for a fully sculpted Jim Lee 1/4 scale statue!

Wouldn't be surprised if Sideshow charges a premium for Prime 1 stuff so as to make it more difficult to compete with Sideshow? If Sideshow has a $500 Batman and Prime 1 wants to sell that for $500 in the US, perhaps Sideshow would charge $600. I know Sideshow kept the price the same for the 1/3 scale stuff from Prime 1, but maybe that's because Sideshow doesn't produce 1/3 stuff.

This is very exciting news. Finally some competition in the quarter scale game without having to spend thousands to get a piece from another company overseas that doesn't sell directly to the U.S.

A sad day for Sideshow fanboys. A good day for 1/4 statue collectors.

The execution from Prime 1 remains to be seen in this scale, but the competition this news creates can't be denied.

A sad day for Sideshow fanboys. A good day for 1/4 statue collectors.

The execution from Prime 1 remains to be seen in this scale, but the competition this news creates can't be denied.

I don't think it's really a sad day for Sideshow fans, it's not like they're going to stop making 1/4 scale pieces for DC. If anything after seeing what Mansfield and Black just did on the 1/5th Skeletor, it looks like Sideshow is bringing their 'A' game to some of the newer pieces. So Maybe it's a great thing for Sideshow fans.

i dunno, sounds like wonderful news all around for everybody if you think about it. sideshow distributes, p1 makes, and we collect. win win win. the only losers are our bank accounts. this news really gets me excited for things to come.

Odds are Prime 1 1/4 scale DC/Marvel is going to be in the $700 price range so as not to compete with SS pieces... But before I get to excited I'm going to wait and see what P1 produces...

After I got over the hype of this and started looking around on prime 1's official pages and I couldn't find any sign of them mentioning 1/4 scale. Where did this originate?

Back