Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fabric cape is growing on me. I’m usually in the fully sculpted camp but something about the sculpted cape just looks too heavy. The draping on his shoulders looks very bulky as well. The fabric cape looks really nice and seems to more successfully add to the illusion of flight. I ordered the fabric version and am waitlisted on the other so eventually I’ll need to make a decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down the road, they'll definitely have another one, I'm sure. But for me, I'm absolutely happy with this piece as my definitive Superman unless they ever make a Christopher Reeve version similar to this in quality and stature

Just curious, is there a reason the ES is TBD for the fabric version? Will it not be the same as the sculpted?

bfde4e9020828721-1416666jpg_superman_christopher_reeve_super.jpg
latest

Superman.jpg

42w84vrim1yz.jpg

I have gone back and fourth as well. I have always been a fabric cape kinda guy. but with his one I'm going with the sculpted version, i love the flow of it

I totally understand that some collectors don't want any fabric on their statues and I think the sculpt P1 came up with works well with all three head sculpts and anyone that gets that will be completely satisfied. That being said, I am really looking forward to a wired fabric cape. You can pose it in a more energetic/intense way with the heat vision sculpt, have it almost hang straight down with the looking down sculpt, and somewhere in between (even similar to the scuplted version) with the normal looking forward powerful sculpt or any kind of combination. It's something I look forward to in order to keep the display fresh by changing it up from time to time.

I think the heads down portrait works best with the fabric cape, because you can center it.

I totally understand that some collectors don't want any fabric on their statues and I think the sculpt P1 came up with works well with all three head sculpts and anyone that gets that will be completely satisfied. That being said, I am really looking forward to a wired fabric cape. You can pose it in a more energetic/intense way with the heat vision sculpt, have it almost hang straight down with the looking down sculpt, and somewhere in between (even similar to the scuplted version) with the normal looking forward powerful sculpt or any kind of combination. It's something I look forward to in order to keep the display fresh by changing it up from time to time.

That’s the best argument yet for the fabric cape. Different poses for different portraits.

Really like this statue, I think it looks super. It’s just takes up too much space. I would need to assemble an acrylic display case that’s like 4 feet tall and almost 3 feet wide!

Down the road, they'll definitely have another one, I'm sure. But for me, I'm absolutely happy with this piece as my definitive Superman unless they ever make a Christopher Reeve version similar to this in quality and stature

Just curious, is there a reason the ES is TBD for the fabric version? Will it not be the same as the sculpted?

I think a Reeve Superman from Prime 1 will fly off the shelves, whether it's 1/3 or 1/2.

As for the ES on fabric, I was surprised to see it as "TBD", too.

I'm crossing my fingers that Prime makes a Reeve Superman statue. I don't care what scale. Whatever they do is going to be 100x better than Sideshow's abortion of a statue.

This is the one I got from them and immediately sent it back. I didn't bother with trying for a replacement since each one ended up being ****.

a5b257dd909aeed2d95a1153bb5542ec.jpg

Back