Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably more

I just used the live chat and was quoted $137 for the 1/3 Bane statue, they can't guarantee it will be that low when this ships but seems it would be less than $297. Now I just have to work out if its worth it with the likely import fees and such. :lol

I'm getting both. I'm rationalizing it by telling myself I got each one for less than the price of a Sideshow PF since I got one free with reward points.

I think I may just PO both and make the decision when I need to. I can’t decide. I think overall I like sculpted a little better, but I do like 1) the ability to rotate and 2) the ability to customize the cape look. I just don’t know if I want to have one statue with a fabric cape and EVERY other statue I have sculpted.

Another reason for. NRD.

These three shots are just amazing!

P1 Hush Superman Fabric 06.jpg

P1 Hush Superman Fabric 09.jpg

P1 Hush Superman Fabric 10.jpg

Omg! I just ordered it. Thanks. Wow I really don't have the room - guess i have to get rid of some stuff.

This Superman piece has such a presence...not just the size....the way it looks.

Awesome! It'll be a long wait...

I think I may just PO both and make the decision when I need to. I can’t decide. I think overall I like sculpted a little better, but I do like 1) the ability to rotate and 2) the ability to customize the cape look. I just don’t know if I want to have one statue with a fabric cape and EVERY other statue I have sculpted.

I don't like fabric anymore. I used to. But they're dust magnets. Also, it's hard to get the cape to look in a natural flowing position because the wires make for unnatural edges. I went with sculpted!

I wonder if sculpt vs fabric cape is the difference of it shipping in 2 boxes as opposed to just 1... if it would make any difference at all. P1 Frank Miller has two big boxes, sculpted cape yes but the extra box was for the base alone.

If the shipping price Sideshow quoted me turned out to be accurate this comes to around $1150 for me, about £825 at current exchange rate. A local retailer, Collectibles Direct, will have it for £1040. After the inevitable import tax Sideshow might still work out more expensive but I get 100% guarantee of it not be cancelled. Decisions. :eek:

This statue has come a long way. Look at how much Prime 1 improved it based on feedback in such a short time. Upper body upgrade. Lower body upgrade. Hair sculpt upgrade. Even cape material looks better but that might just be the pro photography.

24297563_1934133710185677_6331414651416726758_o.jpg

mmdcbh-02f_b13.jpg

I am very surprised it's taken so long to get a superman statue of this caliber. He is the original superhero and has been around since 1938.

I am very surprised it's taken so long to get a superman statue of this caliber. He is the original superhero and has been around since 1938.

No kidding. It's been frustrating watching Batman after Batman statue being made while waiting for this. If Iron Studios hadn't dropped the ball on the costume, we could have had two great Superman statues at the same time!

my Fav shot so far..

Attachments

• 28763914_362543897561447_7190843085453000704_n.jpg
    28763914_362543897561447_7190843085453000704_n.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I caved and pre-ordered the fabric cape version.

Congrats mate they both look amazing.

Does anyone know when sideshow live chat opens up and also their call center? My card declines even though i changed my payment method to paypal it used my card on their that is not active anymore.

Congrats mate they both look amazing.

Does anyone know when sideshow live chat opens up and also their call center? My card declines even though i changed my payment method to paypal it used my card on their that is not active anymore.

Thanks,

Unfortunately you will have to wait until Tuesday morning 2.30am EST at the earliest in Sydney.

(Monday Morning 8.30am California time)

Sideshow Customer service is closed on weekends.

If only there was a 1/4 scale version of this exact statue! That would be awesome!

Back