Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the following email from Sideshow.

Your Superman Sculpt Cape Edition Statue will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 7 days. Your final payment is scheduled for Friday, August 16, 2019.

The cape, similar to the Batman Hush, is gigantic which makes it difficult to find a place to put it. Statue overall looks similar in size compared to a 1/2.

One bad thing and I don't blame P1 since it seems like a difficult task during shipping is the curl in his hair broke on all 3 head sculpts..not sure if anyone had this issue with the fabric cape edition.

Also the instruction manual showed a ball bearing piece which is for the base to rotate but not sure if that was a mistake for the sculpt cape version because there was nothing in the box (ie. is it supposed to have the ball bearing piece?)

IMG_20190819_180812.jpg
IMG_20190819_180831.jpg
IMG_20190819_180850.jpg
IMG_20190819_182531.jpg
IMG_20190819_183129.jpg

The cape, similar to the Batman Hush, is gigantic which makes it difficult to find a place to put it. Statue overall looks similar in size compared to a 1/2.

One bad thing and I don't blame P1 since it seems like a difficult task during shipping is the curl in his hair broke on all 3 head sculpts..not sure if anyone had this issue with the fabric cape edition.

Also the instruction manual showed a ball bearing piece which is for the base to rotate but not sure if that was a mistake for the sculpt cape version because there was nothing in the box (ie. is it supposed to have the ball bearing piece?)

There was problems with hair breakage on the fabric version. Sorry to see this happen to yours, hope you get it straightened out.

As for the ball bearings, I don’t think the sculpted version shipped with them as the sculpted version isn’t meant to rotate as the fabric version is.

all three of my Portraits for the fabric cape had a tiny foam piece in each Portraits Curl.All were perfect.

no rotation for the Sculpt Cape Version because of the Cape.So no Ball Bearing piece included.

bummer they all broke.. hope you get replacements it's an awesome Superman.

OK that makes sense, I do remember reading that somewhere in this forum from a while ago that the sculpt cape version did not have the rotating base, it's just weird that the instructions which show the sculpt cape also show the ball bearings which confused me.

And the head sculpts all had the little foam piece between the hair curl and the head itself but unfortunately they all didn't survive the shipping.

Will contact SSC and see what they can do.

Wow, ummm so basically all the options available are not good options...?

I mean it doesn't beat my the Dr.Doom LSF where they sent me epoxy to glue magnets back together but still..

I'm guessing P1 would not be able to help in this regard since it's sold through SSC?

============================
Thank you for your patience while we worked to find a resolution for your Superman Sculpt Cape statue. Sadly, upon thorough inspection of our replacement stock, I’m disappointed to report we have fully exhausted our supply for this item. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Please review the options below, and let us know how you wish to proceed.

If you wish to return the item for a full refund, we can arrange this for you at Sideshow's expense. In this case you would receive a refund of all money paid directly to Sideshow, including original shipping costs and non-refundable deposits.

If you would be willing to keep the item as is, we can offer you a $100.00 Sideshow credit as compensation for the damage in the form of Sideshow Rewards Points. Please be aware that accepting this credit will close your inquiry, and you will no longer be eligible for an additional replacement/exchange/refund for this item after taking this credit offer.

I mean it doesn't beat my the Dr.Doom LSF where they sent me epoxy to glue magnets back together but still..

I'm guessing P1 would not be able to help in this regard since it's sold through SSC?

Thank you for your patience while we worked to find a resolution for your Superman Sculpt Cape statue. Sadly, upon thorough inspection of our replacement stock, I?m disappointed to report we have fully exhausted our supply for this item. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

If you wish to return the item for a full refund, we can arrange this for you at Sideshow's expense. In this case you would receive a refund of all money paid directly to Sideshow, including original shipping costs and non-refundable deposits.

If you would be willing to keep the item as is, we can offer you a $100.00 Sideshow credit as compensation for the damage in the form of Sideshow Rewards Points. Please be aware that accepting this credit will close your inquiry, and you will no longer be eligible for an additional replacement/exchange/refund for this item after taking this credit offer.

That’s pretty much their boiler plate response with regards to anything Prime 1.

I’ve gotten the same email, probably word for word. I think the only thing that’s changed is the dollar figure.

There’s always a chance that Prime 1 could help you out. I have read of the odd but rare occurrence on one of the Facebook groups. I‘ve been meaning to email them for weeks, but I just haven’t got around to it.

Thank you for your patience while we worked to find a resolution for your Superman Sculpt Cape statue. Sadly, upon thorough inspection of our replacement stock, I?m disappointed to report we have fully exhausted our supply for this item. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

When I got my Batman AK from SS the Collar piece that goes around his neck and hides the Cape would not slot in.SS had no replacement so I emailed P1 direct.With photos and info.They asked for the Item ID and #.They sent me a replacement from Japan.
Of course that is when P1 and SS were Pals so I'M not sure where they stand on pieces ordered from SS anymore.But it may be worth a Try.

Try [email protected]
add the item # from the top of your Box (MMDC-01 EX) (0199/1000) whatever it is.
and send photos.And all personal info.Name/address/Phone
Tell them you purchased it through SS explain what they said.
It's possible P1 will help you.

When I got my Batman AK from SS the Collar piece that goes around his neck and hides the Cape would not slot in.SS had no replacement so I emailed P1 direct.With photos and info.They asked for the Item ID and #.They sent me a replacement.
Of course that is when P1 and SS were Pals so I'M not sure where they stand on pieces ordered from SS anymore.But it may be worth a Try.

Try [email protected]
add the item # from the top of your Box (MMDC-01 EX) (0199/1000) whatever it is.
and send photos.And all personal info.Name/address/Phone
Tell them you purchased it through SS explain what they said.
It's possible P1 will help you.

Thanks, I'll try that.

If this doesn't work it only makes me worry about my other future P1 statues that I've already preordered from SSC (ie. huge risk if anything goes wrong since they won't have replacements and will only offer credits, but what good are credits when you want a complete statue). I don't want to waste the NRD with SSC on these preorders but honestly I'd feel better if I ordered from P1 direct now.

Does the credits or refunds from SSC include all the import charges that we pay?

It should only be what they collect from you directly.

So for the items under $1,000 AUD, they collect GST, otherwise everything else is charged by customs.

So I gather you would have to chase them (Customs office) for a refund of the 5% customs duties and 10% GST. But the $105 odd that the courier (DHL etc) collects for handling I’m not sure gets refunded at all.

It should only be what they collect from you directly.

So for the items under $1,000 AUD, they collect GST, otherwise everything else is charged by customs.

So I gather you would have to chase them (Customs office) for a refund of the 5% customs duties and 10% GST. But the $105 odd that the courier (DHL etc) collects for handling I’m not sure gets refunded at all.

Any out of pocket expenses should fall onto the seller if they can't guarantee a product. This it not a used item its a brand new item.

If that is the case, customs for me was around USD 220 (shipping was USD 140) and that is something I am not willing to eat and then also lose the statue.

Wish P1 just had their store setup since day 1..

Back