Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, can't read a lot into a quick unboxing. I couldn't understand why he didn't spin Supes around to futz the cape properly rather doing it with him jammed up against the wall.

I'm still not sure about the angels. They are really well done but looking through my copy of Hush I don't see them anywhere, not sure they add a lot to the piece. I like the Superman logo on the back of the base so I'm tempted to put it that way around and save a little depth by leaving the angels off. Only seen it displayed like that at one con but I think it looks good.

View attachment 446306

Doesn't look to me that you would really save any space by leaving off the angels. There is a platform they sit on that is attached to the base. Maybe you would get an extra 1/2 - 1 inch because the angel sleeves seem to stick out past the base.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 12.33.56 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 12.36.26 PM.jpg

Doesn't look to me that you would really save any space by leaving off the angels. There is a platform they sit on that is attached to the base. Maybe you would get an extra 1/2 - 1 inch because the angel sleeves seem to stick out past the base.

View attachment 446308

View attachment 446309

:slap I hadn't noticed that! Oh well I still think I'll display that way around, I just prefer seeing that S logo and a better view of the vines. Depth isn't a problem with this piece anyway. I'm okay on height to so it's really only the width.

it's gonna take up a ton of room, I've just come to accept that. For such a special statue it's worth it. Long term I might decide the Hush Batman isn't...depending on what else Prime 1 reveal in the future but this Superman is one I can't even imagine selling.

Quick review video from YouTube. Same guy from the unboxing yesterday but much better quality video:

My goodness thats almost half scale-like.
Hellz ya it the one superman statue to rule them all and in the darkness crush them.. what a steal of a deal too 1/2 scale statue for the price of 1/3 scale, its only a couple hundred more then ssc 1/4 magneto lol. If any prime 1 statue goes up in value it will be this one. Its going to sell out quick esp after more pics and videos come in, its just way too good of a deal too pass up and by far the best supes statue to date and maybe ever.. you surely wont find a deal like this again

Hellz ya it the one superman statue to rule them all and in the darkness crush them.. what a steal of a deal too 1/2 scale statue for the price of 1/3 scale, its only a couple hundred more then ssc 1/4 magneto lol. If any prime 1 statue goes up in value it will be this one. Its going to sell out quick esp after more pics and videos come in, its just way too good of a deal too pass up and by far the best supes statue to date and maybe ever.. you surely wont find a deal like this again

Well Sideshow already has it listed as “ALMOST SOLD OUT!”, so it shouldn’t be long now.

Well Sideshow already has it listed as “ALMOST SOLD OUT!”, so it shouldn’t be long now.

Did you get your order in? You know you will regret not getting it. Hell id even bite the bullet pay the import fees and order it from ssc, its still a good value even with import taxes.. this thing could easily have $1.5k-2k price tag, esp if it went up for po today

I'm still not sure about the angels. They are really well done but looking through my copy of Hush I don't see them anywhere, not sure they add a lot to the piece. I like the Superman logo on the back of the base so I'm tempted to put it that way around and save a little depth by leaving the angels off. Only seen it displayed like that at one con but I think it looks good.

Found this one.
a72e329dcc9ee4b585229146e987e276.jpg

Did you get your order in? You know you will regret not getting it. Hell id even bite the bullet pay the import fees and order it from ssc, its still a good value even with import taxes.. this thing could easily have $1.5k-2k price tag, esp if it went up for po today

Afraid not.

Even though it’s not available from Popcultcha (Australia) anymore, just the thought of actually spending $950 AUD more or 70% on top of what it would’ve cost me if I did get it through Popcultcha, is kind of a turn off now.

And heck I collect primarily movie based statues anyway with currently 12 other 1/3 scales on preorder and I just bought a couple of 1/3 Arkham pieces during Popcultcha’s Valentine sale, so I’m really out of space anyway.

Found this one.
a72e329dcc9ee4b585229146e987e276.jpg

I think that's from Superman: For Tomorrow rather than Hush but looking at that it would seem that is the exact image P1 based this statue on. Even the direction of the cape is accurate to the sculpted version.

I assumed they had to use art more specific to Hush or is that just a way of getting round licensing issues?

I think that's from Superman: For Tomorrow rather than Hush but looking at that it would seem that is the exact image P1 based this statue on. Even the direction of the cape is accurate to the sculpted version.

I assumed they had to use art more specific to Hush or is that just a way of getting round licensing issues?
You'rer right. That's from Superman: For Tomorrow. But it's penciled by Jim Lee, too. So they did a mix - I guess.

You'rer right. That's from Superman: For Tomorrow. But it's penciled by Jim Lee, too. So they did a mix - I guess.

I bought that series of comics not long ago just for the covers. I don't think anything can top a Jim Lee Superman. This statue is an absolute masterpiece!

The only thing that could come close in my eyes is a Jason Fabok Superman...just so happens that is P1 next Superman after the TDKR version. Very interested to see what route P1 go with that and others in a Fabok line.

Ye the Fabok Superman would also be epic but i just love Jim Lee so much that this is the piece for me even if the released a Faboc version.

Ye the Fabok Superman would also be epic but i just love Jim Lee so much that this is the piece for me even if the released a Faboc version.

Very much! I hope eventually P1 give us a Jim Lee Wonder Woman to go with the Superman and Batman from this line.

Wonder-Woman-JimLee.jpg

I just decided to make an impulse buy on this guy.

But could only get on the waitlist.

Hope I can get it from Sideshow. Otherwise I have to buy it from Prime1 directly and get charged $432 shipping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back