1/23 Scale U-Wing by Beast Kingdom; Mastercraft MC-001

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At almost 4 feet this is larger then a SS x-wing by a fair bit, hell it's longer then the SS MR falcon or a RC SD.

At almost 4 feet this is larger then a SS x-wing by a fair bit, hell it's longer then the SS MR falcon or a RC SD.

Yea I thought the same thing. Studio scale isn't always in scale with each piece. However the U-Wing is bigger than I thought. I'm still very interested regardless.

U-Wing is 1/23 scale. Efx X-Wing is 1/24. So pretty close in this instance.

That's a great graphic, by the way. I had no idea that new Tie Thingy was so big! I hope Beast Kingdom does that next.

U-Wing is 1/23 scale. Efx X-Wing is 1/24. So pretty close in this instance.

That's a great graphic, by the way. I had no idea that new Tie Thingy was so big! I hope Beast Kingdom does that next.

Yea that's the best size comparison I could find. I wish I could get the EFX X-Wing. One of the pieces I wish I got back in the day.

And the MR Falcon of course.

Seriously? For the price they're asking I think it needs to be far more accurate and detailed.
It doesn't even look like there's a cockpit interior- the windows look like decals.
I know it says Actual product may differ from image shown, but here's a quick comparison between it and the ILM model.
The engines in particular lack in detail:

crap.jpg

Well, can't wait to see in hand pictures then. If you watch the video of Gareth Edward's visit to Lucasfilm, they have the studio scale model there (unpainted), which also doesn't seem to match up exactly with the screen shot above (especially in the engine sections). My guess is that this one was modeled after the original model.

Seriously? For the price they're asking I think it needs to be far more accurate and detailed.
It doesn't even look like there's a cockpit interior- the windows look like decals.
I know it says Actual product may differ from image shown, but here's a quick comparison between it and the ILM model.
The engines in particular lack in detail:

View attachment 308748
Woah! Good comparison pics.

Have one ordered. I'll be sure to post pics and my thoughts after it arrives.

Nice! I'm close to pulling the trigger myself. Really want a studio scale ship and love the design of the U-Wing. Efx X-Wing is double this on Evilbay IF you can ever find one.

Yeah, I was lucky and got in early starting with all the MR stuff. Seeing how hard it is to acquire older stuff means I jump on any new stuff that comes out.

Yeah, I was lucky and got in early starting with all the MR stuff. Seeing how hard it is to acquire older stuff means I jump on any new stuff that comes out.

Yea my plan is to get the last two MR replicas I need, then move onto PF's and a studio scale ship or two.

Back