1:2 Scale R2-D2 kit from Modelspace. A bit pricey, but hey it's R2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been waiting for DeAgostini to finally offer their $1 shipping deal before getting in on this kit.

That day is finally here. Buy into the kit through July and get $1 shipping for the duration of your subscription.

That's a fairly significant savings over the course of a 24-month build.

They've just released this in Australia. Just checking in to see if its still worth subscribing to. Those that are building it, is it worth it, are you still happy that you started? What is the quality like?
Cheers.

I'm pretty happy with it so far. It's pretty small at 1:2 scale, but I figure I can display him with my 1:2 stuff. As for build quality, I'm about 10 months in, and it's solid. Dome substructure is like the Millennium Falcon one, a bunch of metal puzzle pieces to screw together. Haven't received the actual out dome yet, so I don't know what that'll be like. Built one full leg, which comes with some nice metal detail parts, but the rest is thick plastic. Will have to be painted if you don't want it to look like plastic. I am disappointed that it won't be able to transition from 3 to 2 legs, but that didn't stop me from purchasing. But so far, fun build.

I am disappointed that it won't be able to transition from 3 to 2 legs, but that didn't stop me from purchasing. But so far, fun build.

Been eyeing this kit since I bought the Falcon last BF.

The most compelling aspect to me is the emphasis on the electronic components and the written material on robotics, more so than just the character itself. It sounds like it will be a fascinating build.

Disappointed to hear there's no third leg though.

Back