Action Figure 1:1 T1 Arnold Bust (H. Senft) project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni Plutonij

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm presenting you with the latest (and completely unexpected) addition to my collection.
This bust (sculpt by fantastic H. Senft) is something I got totally unplanned, it kinda shocked (and I still can't believe I got this piece) me, as this is something I never actually wanted to allow myself to think (would dream be better word?) of getting.

I won't go too much into details, no need to..it's time to show it off, and write down what is the plan..where the word "project" fits in..

First some pictures:
13.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

Pictures are kinda bad, as it looks incredibly real in real life (even with sculpted hair), it's amazing.

With that said. even tho I LOVE it, I think this piece can look even better....

My idea is to change the shirt and get him a leather jacket. I'm not aiming to make it perfectly screen accurate, but a very close representation! If you take a better look at the Endo eye, you'll see that ball bearings aren't accurate, and eye looks kinda plasticy and lacks those lines, detailing....also, I hate this checkered lens look....so I'll be replacing the eye (hopefully)..
I do plan to add eyelashes to "human eye side", as I've seen on the movie that eyelashes weren't burnt off.

I already did the first "custom" on the piece..the glass eye was covered with the semi-matt clear coat (I don't know why eye wasn't masked when the whole bust was coated), but I've cleaned the eye with the nail polish remover and a q-tip, and it looks better now, more alive and realistic, it has that "spark" in the eye!

Few more things I'll think about, is getting Gargoyles for him..It looks even better with the glasses on, but I really like that Endo eye..so I'll see about that..
I'll also think hard about adding some kind of soundboard to it....I know it kinda sound cheesy, and a lot of people will dislike the idea, but I'm really digging it. I'd love to hear few most memorable phrases from the movie (____ you _______, I'll be back, Your clothes, give them to me, now....etc.) coming form the bust, as well as the original Terminator theme! I'll think more about this once I do everything else I have intended to!

Anyways...these are the plans, and I'll be updating this thread as I go by....I hope I'll manage to pull it all off, and make it a lot more better, and to my liking!

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 T1 Arnold Bust (minor) customization project

The leather jacket look with bare chest will be great, really iconic like the poster!

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing your customizations. I'm liking that soundboard idea!

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out :D

The leather jacket look with bare chest will be great, really iconic like the poster!
My initial goal was to actually recreate the poster look, but chest on the bust isn't big enough, so I'm afraid I'll have to use shirt underneath, but I'll try the shirtless look first.

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing your customizations. I'm liking that soundboard idea!
:D Thanks Matt, once again, huge thank you for the help, if I haven't talked to you, I probably wouldn't bother to go trough all the effort and mess to get it! ;)

I'm totally digging the soundboard idea, and after everything else is done, I'll look into it a bit more seriously! I already have taken some phrases out of the movie!

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out :D
Thanks, I'll see how it'll go, I hope I don't mess something up!

Now, to update, some stuff I got in during the last few days..

CUSTOM01.jpg

CUSTOM02.jpg

These I got today..I'll have my girlfriend style them to look appropriate and like a male eyelashes.

CUSTOM03.jpg

Not quite accurate shirt, however, it's close enough, if I ever come by anything better, I'll use it, but for now this will do just fine..I know this is gray and has a pocket, but it will create contrast with the black leather jacket, and pocket will be fully covered by the jacket, so I really don't mind.

CUSTOM04.jpg

Again, close enough for me..real leather, very sturdy and nice looking jacket. Should improve the overall look of the bust right away!

Very very nice!! Look forward to updates on this project.

Attachments

• WW2.jpg
    WW2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

Congrats on this great bust my friend!! :duff Can't wait to see all the improvements you are going to make.

tumblr_ksjhk2yWen1qzbn86o1_500.jpg
If you don't go for this you aid the cause why Arnie doesn't kill someone again!

this is one of my most wanted 1:1 busts. Gargoyles are a MUST.

Yep, gargoyles are must in my opinion.
I seen a good T-shirt on ebay a while back - a grey fruit of the loom one. Again, its not completely accurate but I think its closer than the one you have atm from what I can remember.
Awesome job on obtaining what you have so far though.

Very very nice!! Look forward to updates on this project.
Thanks, I'll be sure to update thread as I go by!

Congrats on this great bust my friend!! :duff Can't wait to see all the improvements you are going to make.
Thanks a lot for the kind words jkno!

tumblr_ksjhk2yWen1qzbn86o1_500.jpg
If you don't go for this you aid the cause why Arnie doesn't kill someone again!
Haha, I agree with you ;)
I tried out the shirtless look earlier today, and bust is no good for it, chest area is too small on the bust, however, I'll probably get as close as possible to this look.
I do plan to actually make a completely black poster, with red "lasers" and use it for a background in the display case. But it'll be a while till I get to that point!

this is one of my most wanted 1:1 busts. Gargoyles are a MUST.
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I'm confident I'll be getting Gargoyles.
This bust is absolutely beautiful, and if you ever get the chance, go after it ;) they are quite hard to come by.

Yep, gargoyles are must in my opinion.
I seen a good T-shirt on ebay a while back - a grey fruit of the loom one. Again, its not completely accurate but I think its closer than the one you have atm from what I can remember.
Awesome job on obtaining what you have so far though.
I've actually seen some good shirts locally in stores from time to time, but none of them is absolutely accurate, I would love to go fully accurate, but honestly, there is no real need to do so.
For now, I'll be satisfied to have close look with shirt contrasting the leather jacket, but I'll always be on the lookout for the better shirt :D

I'm pretty satisfied with the stuff I already got :D and I'm just looking into getting a better Endoeye..much MUCH better! We'll see how that goes.

OK, now.....bit of update..

I had to undress the big guy :panic:
His last picture with the "old" outfit:
15.jpg

and a bit of nakedness:
16.jpg

17.jpg

and eyelashes styled.
BEFORE:
CUSTOM01.jpg

AFTER:
CUSTOM05.jpg

Pictures of fully cleaned eye closeup before eyelash application:
19.jpg

18.jpg

and with eyelashes added:
20.jpg

21.jpg

Improvised stand:
CUSTOM06.jpg

And final bust look, for a while now. I'm working on getting a detailed eye and some parts for it, so I'll be updating when I get the stuff.
Also, I'm positive I'll be getting Gargoyles, however, not exactly sure when!

23.jpg

22.jpg

I'm more then pleased and satisfied on how this thing is turning out.

it's coming along nicely. Makes me want one even more.

watch out for :panic: Bright Light :panic: it's a killer.
art_gremlins.jpg

Looking great! I can see this eventually turning into a full scale statue at the rate you are going. :)

Looking great! I can see this eventually turning into a full scale statue at the rate you are going. :)

Yeah, all he needs now is the combat pants and biker boots.(and the gargoyles of course).
Unless hes just not interested in full size statues.
Anyway, this is looking great, Toni.
It makes me want to make one now!

It looks fantastic!! :clap Excellent job!!

Toni , ¿what size is the Temrinator leather jacket?
I have another Howard bust and i want to buy one jacket but i dont know what size i need.

Back