1:1 Scale Berserker Helmet/Manga-Berserk Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JtotheP

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks for checking this out. I was commissioned to make 30 Berserker helmets from the Berserk Japanese Manga series. Here is what I have so far:
Sculpture 80% finished:
100_2052.jpg

100_2055.jpg

100_2061.jpg

100_2064.jpg

Texture and beginning stages of mold (the big drips and blobs from the spattered on gel coat will be sanded flat):
100_2080.jpg

100_2082.jpg

100_2083.jpg

Here is the next set of update pics. I'm almost done with the mold. I just have to do the second half of these two parts:
100_2087.jpg

100_2089.jpg

Here is the next set of progress pics. Let the production begin!
These are the first two parts out of the mold. I used two different color gelcotes so that's the difference in color (irrelevent right now--I could have used hot pink if I wanted). The "Z" shape by the eyes and the brand on the base were cast using clear gelcote with a red catalyst as a tint. These will look sweet with red LEDs behind them.

I still have alot of clean up to do to these parts (seam work, filling air voids, and sanding to reveal proper texture.

100_2093.jpg

100_2096.jpg

100_2095.jpg

100_2094.jpg

Here are the next set of progress pics. These are VERY early shots of a finished piece. I took these of a raw casting because no one has seen the piece put together on how it will be displayed. I still haven't dealt with the texture yet (just sanding exsisting texture). I'm spending most of my time producing parts out of the molds to how many orders I have.
The top portion of the helmet is just resting on the bottom jaw piece in it's natural resting place as the oposing teeth make a good lock for now. Still some seam work and spot filling to do before I add paint and lighting. Note I brushed on some light gray primer around the "Z" shape and brand to help tighten the shapes a little for these pics:

100_2103.jpg

100_2104.jpg

100_2106.jpg

Looks great!!! And you have to make 30 of these?!

Eventually I will--that's how many I know I can get from my mold without a loss of detail. Right now I am only making just the orders I have (approx. 10).

But thanks for the compliment--it's been alot of fun to make so far.

I didn't know who the character was till someone asked me to make him, I did my research and then got hooked on the story.

awesome work man ! I had already seen your work on skullkinght.net, congrats :cool:

Updated pics of the painted helmet and close up of texture. All I have to do now is put in the lights and assemble.
100_2147.jpg

100_2151.jpg

100_2153.jpg

100_2148.jpg

Here is the finished helmet, finally!:banana Well, actually nameplates are being made in Japanese writing.

100_2225.jpg

100_2227.jpg

100_2228.jpg

100_2213.jpg

Here is an idea what the nameplates will look like in copper/black with red lettering:

BerserkLogo.jpg

That is amazing! Too bad I didn't have the money for something like this *Guts fan*

Back