Statue 1:1 Mr. Spock by HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how it something that is one inch tall that costs about 150 bucks can look 100 times more human and realistic than something that is life size and 3 grand. How can that company take itself seriously?

I love how it something that is one inch tall that costs about 150 bucks can look 100 times more human and realistic than something that is life size and 3 grand. How can that company take itself seriously?

Well, that's a slight bit of exaggerating (1-inch tall?) and generalizing, but yeah, I get your point. This lifesize statue leaves a whole lot to be desired mostly in regards to Spock-likeness. However, HCG puts out some pretty phenomenal 1/6 and 1/4 polystone statues, so as a company, in general they're nothing at all to sneeze at, in my opinion.

It's a terrible sculpt for a 1:1 piece. Hell, the old Art Asylum Spock 6" figure had a better sculpt than that...by a mile.

It might be cheaper to try finding a 1:1 sculpt of Spock, then buy the uniform and add a mannequin.

Awful!!!!! But im not suprise at all coming from HCG

Why are you generalizing and knocking HCG as a whole company? They put out high quality polystone statues with amazing detail! :dunno

But this thing is actually manufactured by Oxmox studios/Muckle Mannequins, as stated in the Man of Action Figures (MOAF) website, and will be available 2nd quarter 2012. Interestingly, it's not up on HCG's website. I came across it via another website, and even on Ebay. I called HCG and the young guy I spoke to didn't even know about it, but did find it in the company's "newsletter" after I mentioned it to him. It may be that HCG is not too eager to put it out there; they may have commissioned it and then decided to not add it to their line-up after seeing the final result? I'm just thinking out loud—who knows.

But I applaud the idea of a full-size Spock. It's too bad that the likeness is off and the price so high. And I can't stand those shiny pants. But the body type and posture appear quite good. And it would have helped if the phaser and tri-corder were included, which they are not.

So, here's a perfect opportunity for those Hot Toys elitist exclusivists to look down their noses once again at another company. :yess:

Vic Veins, whadda ya think of the HCG 1/4 REA Alice statue?

Last edited:
Back