Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kind of a bummer that a couple Hot Toys videos come up for their Grogu, now I'm seeing people talking down this one all over the place.

I actually saw the opposite on FB. Somebody posted a comparison video and the majority of the comments were in favor of SS’s.

I think they both look great but so far my preference is SS’s because it looks more “realistic” , no ear seams and I like the expression on it.

To me the SSC looks like the Season 1 hero puppet while the HT looks like the stunt and CG version. Cute but slightly off. I?m sure one of the fx/builders on the RPF will find a way to hide those ear seams. Also the hands and especially feet look oversized in some of those videos probably for stability.
Still a vast improvement from their proto. I might still pick up the HT.
Im sure sooner or later someone will bash the 2 versions together. Looking forward to see how that looks.

It's kind of a bummer that a couple Hot Toys videos come up for their Grogu, now I'm seeing people talking down this one all over the place.

Some are people who are just defending their purchases one way or the other, and others are easily influenced by whoever/whatever they follow on social media.

And for those who want any sort of articulation, are obviously going to side with Hot Toys.

And given Hot Toys are cheaper than statues, there are probably more collectors of them around so they can make more noise to promote their product.

I’m getting both, so I’ll have the best of both worlds.

Another shot of Grogu I got the other day. I find turning the head gives the statue some more character. PXL_20210214_201849979.jpg

Hi guys, first message here, sideshow version ordered because I'm fond of his expression (guilty face, half-hiding the ball like if he stole it).
A french video comparing the sideshow vs hot toys. They slightly prefer the hot toys version. But they really like both.
I can't post a link (newcomer) so search on youtube:
VERDICT Sur "The Child" Par HOT TOYS ! ACHAT OU NON ! On vous dit TOUT Sans Langue De Bois !

Decided to pay off the balance at Sideshow (payment plan) early. Looking forward to finally seeing this one in hand.

It's a terrific Grogu, enjoy! They did a fantastic Rancor too! Sideshow occasionally puts out really awesome stuff but they also often screw the pooch like they did with the Mando premium format.

It's a terrific Grogu, enjoy! They did a fantastic Rancor too! Sideshow occasionally puts out really awesome stuff but they also often screw the pooch like they did with the Mando premium format.

I hate you now. For saying 'Ggggrrrrrroguuu'.

Last edited:
I hate you now. For saying 'Ggggrrrrrroguuu'.

Ha. The name doesn't bother me. Maybe for just a second. But then I tried to come up with something better myself and I couldn't. But I can see how folks would prefer to just call him The Child.

Thanks! I agree about Sideshow. They are definitely not consistent with their products but this one definitely is one of their great items.

I hesitated for a long time to modify the body of my Grogu (sideshow) and frankly despite the risk I do not regret at all.

It looks so much more realistic now!

Its my personal opinion, I find that it is really the orientation of the head that really spoils the potential of this statue.

instagram : @Guillaume_customs

210313123109442233.jpg

210313123108319847.jpg

210313123109857540.jpg

210313123108825194.jpg

Great job on the modification, Skyler/Guillaume!

Mine is in route (scheduled for arrival on Wednesday) and I've been going back and forth about doing similar modifications. You've got me leaning towards a "yes"...

I like the jointed arms. Where are those pieces from?

Yes, I'd like to know what you used there too. Looks like legs from one of those small camera tripods.

Also perhaps a couple of details / pics on how the flex joints were attached to the body on the inside would be great.

Back