Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much :)

I will show where to cut, how to mark, what screws and O-Rings I used and what articulation range there will be. I will demo the Articulation range in a video. I have to plan this, since there is no going back after the cut and I want to show you with the final pieces so there wont be any misunderstanding. Otherwise I would have cut it already and opened the hole as I see fit, but I feel a lot of people are scared of this method ^^

For my Grogu, I will go with version 2. Cutting the bottom piece of the head. This will bring the head closer to the ball joint, allowing more articulation range. But for this, you will need either expanding foam or apoxie sculpt (or similar products). I will show this too, after I finished Version 1, again, because I can't go back, after cutting the bottom part of the head :D

Just checking if there was any update on this. Be great to get the head to be able to move. Thanks!

AF654E44-2BC5-4138-A9F4-4337BB2DA4BB.jpg
My Lil guy showed up today! Looks great, as everyone said, the rosy cheeks look more subtle in person. A movable arm would kick it over the top!

Just checking if there was any update on this. Be great to get the head to be able to move. Thanks!

Unfortunately not. I had surgery and work and other more important projects piled up, so I have to get them done first. He is still disassembled on the work bench, it's gonna be done, no worry ;)

Has anyone in the UK gotten theirs yet? I ordered from animegami but hadn't used them before that

what in the thread makes you nervous?

It's a terrific piece. They just slightly overdid the rosy cheeks and forgot to put hair on his ears. Enjoy.

Uneven eye lids, eyes misaligned, the rosy cheeks I knew about but was ready to fix that. I saw someone say they think the quality of the later batches are gonna be worse than the first. Not sure how they can determine that but I got to thinking about the molds that Sideshow's production is using. Do they suffer quality after so many casts are made. My mind is just racing. :lol

Obviously I'm seeing a lot of people happy but I really have the worse luck when it comes to SS's QC issues. I'll get mine and I'll have all the above issues. :lol Fingers crossed for none of that though.

Uneven eye lids, eyes misaligned, the rosy cheeks I knew about but was ready to fix that. I saw someone say they think the quality of the later batches are gonna be worse than the first. Not sure how they can determine that but I got to thinking about the molds that Sideshow's production is using. Do they suffer quality after so many casts are made. My mind is just racing. :lol

Obviously I'm seeing a lot of people happy but I really have the worse luck when it comes to SS's QC issues. I'll get mine and I'll have all the above issues. :lol Fingers crossed for none of that though.

True I've wondered about mold deterioration before, I'm personally okay with the eyes and cheeks but I am worried about such a big time difference from when people started receiving them to when I will get mine which says May 2021. I do hope it stands up to the same quality as what the first customers received

True I've wondered about mold deterioration before, I'm personally okay with the eyes and cheeks but I am worried about such a big time difference from when people started receiving them to when I will get mine which says May 2021. I do hope it stands up to the same quality as what the first customers received

Would be interesting to see a first batch to a latest batch, side by side.

Finally received mine last week. It took a while to land here in Australia, had it on order since Feb 2020. Not too bad wait time really. The child looks great, definitly more red around the cheeks and ears. Not sure if i'll modify him yet but i'm pretty happy as is!
36c88558b8dc27e6176a7ddcab92d695.jpg
da9f8f6e972bc256003dd6ba82ea3bf1.jpg
142a2e0089f61f36dc85c86117761a05.jpg
9eee1d74576fcfd9ea45721867a3a539.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back