Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I order this now, what is approximately the earliest time I can get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I order this now, what is approximately the earliest time I can get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logically you'd be bottom of the list, but it's Sideshow, so who knows, there's a chance you'd end up getting it before people that ordered months ago.

I ordered on 31/01/2020 - Paid the remaining balance too, but mine is not shipping, is it normal? I'm really really frustrated, probably going to cancel it

Man, comparing to the screen used puppet again, I'm really happy with how accurate they were reproducing this. Minus a few shortcuts they took, it's remarkably faithful to the original. Articulation would be great, but otherwise it's a great value especially compared to sideshow's usual quality between proto and production difference.

That was me you said it to before Dantes2501 lol. Comparing mine to the version on screen, I don't see the issue you do. The screen version likewise has asymmetrical eyes, with his left being slightly smaller/shaped different than his right. All looks accurate enough to me. I think what may look "off" to you is this intentional asymmetry, which gives it a more lifelike/natural look.

I think I told both of you to be fair :p

YAY! BigBadToyStore just sent me an email to say my Baby Yoda is arriving at their warehouse and charging soon! :yess:

I ordered on 31/01/2020 - Paid the remaining balance too, but mine is not shipping, is it normal? I'm really really frustrated, probably going to cancel it

I was in the same boat: Preordered on 1/31/2020 with a payment plan to be charged on the 20th of each month, paid the remaining balance sans taxes on 11/01/20, and just got charged the tax and shipping this morning and is finally preparing to ship.
It was frustrating since so many people that ordered way after me received their order for over a month now and I’m still waiting.
Considering that the product looks great and hopefully mine comes with no issues, I would forgive the delay.
However, this may be the last time I will preorder something from Sideshow that is not a limited quantity/edition.

Man, comparing to the screen used puppet again, I'm really happy with how accurate they were reproducing this. Minus a few shortcuts they took, it's remarkably faithful to the original. Articulation would be great, but otherwise it's a great value especially compared to sideshow's usual quality between proto and production difference.

I just want no googly eyes e.g. both lenses should be looking the same direction. Mine won't arrive until next year as not in a position to pay off. Not upset about it - would just as soon not have a shipment being handled by temporary UPS workers and buried under millions of other holiday packages.

image.jpg
I did the arm articulation and it came out great.Thanks go to Adam,and Jaymig for the inspiration.

Just a quick question. Today I received the mail that my child will be ready to ship soon. However, my status still says "PAYMENT PROCESSING" eventhough I paid over a week ago. Remaining Balance is just the shipping cost: $68.88

Your The Child Life-Size Figure will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 2 days. Your final payment is scheduled for Wednesday, December 9, 2020.

Please review your order information and make any changes through your online account prior to Tuesday, December 8.

So everything okey, eventhough the payment still processing?

Just a quick question. Today I received the mail that my child will be ready to ship soon. However, my status still says "PAYMENT PROCESSING" eventhough I paid over a week ago. Remaining Balance is just the shipping cost: $68.88

Your The Child Life-Size Figure will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 2 days. Your final payment is scheduled for Wednesday, December 9, 2020.

Please review your order information and make any changes through your online account prior to Tuesday, December 8.

IMO Sideshow has one of the more clunky systems for processing payments.....SSSSSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW.....

Sounds like they are gonna do the final charge today, which can drag into Wed. If u can check ur credit card pending charges, the final pending charge for shipping should show up.

I wouldn't worry about it unless the "processing" drags to Friday. Then I would chat SSC. They can manually push through a payment. I think California or maybe U.S. law sez a charge can't actually be completed until an item is shipped - not sure about that tho.

Our baby finally arrived tonight and I quickly surrounded him with all his favorite things I’ve made and acquired for him(Thanks to Soulinertia from the RPF for the frog idea).
573B8948-E856-4B10-882A-6C8D62B272D0.jpeg

This has been a long and at times frustrating wait, but I’m so glad I received one with the more subdued rosiness in the cheek areas.
I’m so happy with this piece, but I’m looking forward to modifying it to be more posable.

IMO Sideshow has one of the more clunky systems for processing payments.....SSSSSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW.....

Sounds like they are gonna do the final charge today, which can drag into Wed. If u can check ur credit card pending charges, the final pending charge for shipping should show up.

I wouldn't worry about it unless the "processing" drags to Friday. Then I would chat SSC. They can manually push through a payment. I think California or maybe U.S. law sez a charge can't actually be completed until an item is shipped - not sure about that tho.

Thank you very much. My Payment method is paypal, but in this case I'll check the side during the day.

I received the same message as you with the same debit date for the shipping costs.
I also pay with PayPal, and my figurine has been fully paid for since June. the status is also identical ˋ payment processing ?.
are you in europe? me in France .
I suggest that we keep informed as soon as the shipping costs are debited by PayPal :)
here is a copy of my email from Monday:

I received the same message as you with the same debit date for the shipping costs.
I also pay with PayPal, and my figurine has been fully paid for since June. the status is also identical ˋ payment processing ?.
are you in europe? me in France .
I suggest that we keep informed as soon as the shipping costs are debited by PayPal :)
here is a copy of my email from Monday:

I'm in europe too (Switzerland). And of course, today, gmx is down. Can't remember a day that happend before :D
Got notified by paypal, Sideshow collected the shipping cost by themself. Im curious to see how long it takes to get here. :)

I'm in europe too (Switzerland). And of course, today, gmx is down. Can't remember a day that happend before :D
Got notified by paypal, Sideshow collected the shipping cost by themself. Im curious to see how long it takes to get here. :)

mail received from paypal at 11:08 am: payment authorized for postage. Status change !! prepared to ship !!

Back