Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have to pay the shipping costs? I they appeared 1 week ago, 68 dollars too but not yet debited. Thanks

I have to pay it with the rest, so 406$ since I didnt pay monthly. I dont know how it works when you already payed the piece before, sorry :-/

I got my proof of concept for a big ball joint that would hold the weight of the head. Everything works. The only thing needed is a O-ring. I'm gonna do a US version, if you god other standard O-Rings.

I also have an idea how to make mounts for the head and body, but I will need my Child first, so I can get the right measurements. I'm going to print mine in ABS, but the testpiece is in PLA and I think this should work as well. It's strong enough. I will provide the STL files as soon as I'm done.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Just got mine over the weekend...picked him up from my local shop. I noticed my Grogu's head was slightly dented or mushed in on the rear left. I was going to return it until i decided to give the head a good massage and whatever was causing the issue has gone away. Just needed some good futzing. These are the after shots i took quickly on my crappy cell phone camera so please excuse the quality. Very much satisfied and happy with the end product. It looks great in my basement with all of my other collectibles! I highly suggest you get this if you are on the fence, you will not be sorry!

20201129_115801_resized.jpg
20201129_115929_resized.jpg
20201129_115954_resized.jpg

Good for those who want to attempt this but if I wanted this pose ability, I'd get the Hot Toy and not risk butchering my $400 statue...

I think it's pretty cool what folks are doing but I'm pretty happy with mine as it is. If someone ever puts out a really well done modding kit maybe I would buy a second Grogu. But mostly still hoping one of the cheapo toy companies makes a pram that can be modded and improved.

Good for those who want to attempt this but if I wanted this pose ability, I'd get the Hot Toy and not risk butchering my $400 statue...

Yeah but to a lot of us the Hot Toys doesn't look good enough. I'd love for the Sideshow one to be articulated but I'm definitely not risking this kind of modification. The people making these videos are experienced in modding and customising things.

Yeah but to a lot of us the Hot Toys doesn't look good enough. I'd love for the Sideshow one to be articulated but I'm definitely not risking this kind of modification. The people making these videos are experienced in modding and customising things.

For real. Watching thos vids is disturbing $$$$$. I shudder to think of the damage u can do. Besides with his arms at the sides he can fit into a cabinet more easily, and looks like the scene where Mayfield opened the sleeping compartment.

Yeah that last video takes it a bit too far for my taste as well. I'm fine with modding and making the head and arms more poseable, but ultimately this is still a statue and trying to turn it into a full-on puppet just makes it look odd, since it's clearly made of a very different material.

My baby was delivered today!!!
FCA8A2E9-B466-4361-AD1C-AC1BBD96A90A.jpg

This thing is super awesome, out of the box! Once modded though... super FREAKING awesome!!!
I’ll be modding him later.

LTfd9lJ.jpg

I did a "soft mod" (no cutting or changing) reposition of the head so that hes not looking up. It stays stable with a bunch of foam padding and rubber bands until someone releases a good 3d print to make it pose-able. took the head out of the channel and added a bar to hold it in place

wRPk3Io.jpg

LTfd9lJ.jpg

I did a "soft mod" (no cutting or changing) reposition of the head so that hes not looking up. It stays stable with a bunch of foam padding and rubber bands until someone releases a good 3d print to make it pose-able. took the head out of the channel and added a bar to hold it in place

wRPk3Io.jpg

I am really sorry to bring this up. But as I said beofre I believe your piece has an issue. Left eye and cheek are abnormally large. Or the right side is abnormally small. In any case they appear to be asymmetrical.

I am really sorry to bring this up. But as I said beofre I believe your piece has an issue. Left eye and cheek are abnormally large. Or the right side is abnormally small. In any case they appear to be asymmetrical.

I noticed it too, I think the eye is just pushed more forward causing it to be like that but I kinda really like it. I dont want a perfect totally symmetrical face. It makes it seem more real to be imperfect

That was me you said it to before Dantes2501 lol. Comparing mine to the version on screen, I don't see the issue you do. The screen version likewise has asymmetrical eyes, with his left being slightly smaller/shaped different than his right. All looks accurate enough to me. I think what may look "off" to you is this intentional asymmetry, which gives it a more lifelike/natural look.

Mine.
IMG_4577.JPG

Screen used.
baby-yoda-puppet-mandalorian.jpg
ca-times.brightspotcdn.jpg

Last edited:
Back