Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably will just leave mine static but I applaud the effort being put in to add articulation :clap

The photos do make it tempting to attempt!

Probably will just leave mine static but I applaud the effort being put in to add articulation :clap

The photos do make it tempting to attempt!

Yeah especially due to the cost I can't stomach the thought of tearing him apart :lol.

Just buy the HT and stick the SS head on it :lol.

Ok Boyzzz it was very easy after all I only drilled holes up top and used super glue to hold them I used baking soda to instantly dry the glue then ( I think over kill ) I used gorilla tape to hold the armature even more to the inner body ( sorry no pic I forgot ). I kept the pieces of the arms to measure how much I took off. I gave it a bout a 1/2 inch more. I drilled 3/16 holes in the hands just like Adam and sanded down the armature I put some glue in the hole and dipped the wire in baking soda before inserting so I did t gave to wait for the dry. I think it came out great very easy to put in a pose and leave it just be gentle with the armature I used 3/16 it’s pretty strong but I’m not going to abuse it
C392D174-D1A0-4372-9FF0-A587C8A2D94D.jpegBEF8468C-AD48-4630-B9DB-35C4490BBDEC.jpgC394ADCF-98E3-4EDD-AC16-CAEEC9DBA4D5.jpg55F13EC8-96C3-46B0-A57B-063EE3D42527.jpegF64DA19C-AA07-4B7C-81AC-0FA02A307AC8.jpeg1460D6DE-D835-4B1A-A93C-4890B73F065D.jpeg

Nice work! Although it still looks to me like the cloak wants to sink in too much without the upper arms there. Maybe just some thick padding around the wire would be enough to fix that...

Nice :) gonna do mine ..but the head too. Not worried on secondary value..there are so many of these I don't think it'll even hold its value...so may as well make it the best it can be:)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm getting very tempted to do some extra painting and airbrushing on this, as the paint job just seems a bit too basic for something this size. And the lighter areas are also too bright compared to the puppet, and give him too much of a waxy complexion which you didn't see on the proto. The fine details and wrinkles need to be brought out a little more too.

I'll need to reroot the head afterwards, but their hair lies way too flat for my taste anyway and doesn't stick up as much as it should. And I was already planning to root the ears as well.

I suppose one could put the head on the same armature wire and articulate it that way. You might need a couple wires for extra stability, and would need to carve out some space at the base of the neck so it could move more freely. Seems easier than trying to engineer a ball-jointed neck from scratch...

Back