Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eggs.jpg

Thanks for sharing, very in-depth and super helpful. If mine comes in plagued by too much pink I will probably attempt but I am also really nervous to do a mod like this on such an expensive piece haha.

The factory was told fairly early on to ease back on the magenta on the face. Hopefully the newer one won?t have to be modded

Wow! That?s awesome.
At this point I?m just worried about getting one with eyes that are straight. I see way too many where the left eye is looking more left than the right. Haven?t heard if they can be nudged a bit to make both straight.

Me too. Mine is on PO and won't get for a good while. I might shoot Sideshow an e-mail. Googly eyes are a pet peeve of mine. From a vid looks like the eye is painted so not sure how these are done - but it would bother me. IMO that is basic QC.

Me too. Mine is on PO and won't get for a good while. I might shoot Sideshow an e-mail. Googly eyes are a pet peeve of mine. From a vid looks like the eye is painted so not sure how these are done - but it would bother me. IMO that is basic QC.

They are acrylic balls with a flat printed pupil and iris inside. But really the eyes under almost every light condition are just two giant black adorable holes, you can't see the white at all.

Awesome, my Timewalker order is on the way and appears to be shipping direct from Sideshow, which means I should be getting it tomorrow instead of next week as is usually the case. :D

They are acrylic balls with a flat printed pupil and iris inside. But really the eyes under almost every light condition are just two giant black adorable holes, you can't see the white at all.

Good to know googly eyes really bother me. I'm more tolerant of some other stuff that may crop up. Like lots of pink.

Received mine today and thankfully no issues that I can see. I did get one with the extra pink cheeks unfortunately, but I'll just have to do the same paint removal others have.

He's also looking off to the left more than I'd prefer, but the eyes are at least lined up properly, and it does help give him a bit more life that way I suppose. And better reflects that curious and inquisitive nature he has.

If anyone wants the art on the bottom of the base I decided to try and take away all of the watermarks and the rubber feet, since Sideshow art yet to release the art separately.
jLiDz0L.png

93hxv8H.png

I cut by hand it sing a small hand saw and yes I’m doing what Adam did wire is coming in today. So far pretty easy

OK cool. Interested in where you think the best places are for the holes in the mass for the wire. I see he had a couple of attempts and fast tracked over that last bit at the end.

Did you get normal superglue or the special plastic glue ?

I still think epoxying the wire to the inside of the body would work perfectly fine. The arms are pretty short so it's not like you need something super solid to anchor them in place.

I still think epoxying the wire to the inside of the body would work perfectly fine. The arms are pretty short so it's not like you need something super solid to anchor them in place.

Yeah but any stress on the glue due to posing would surely make it pry off after time. Especially a metal to plastic connection.

Having a firm anchor formed by the wire in the belly mass hole certainly makes it a sure fix. Without having to take it all apart again at some point.

Really pretty straight forward. And to be able to have him doing "the hand thing" is pretty sweet I reckon.

Back