Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modded, little bit of red removal, reposed, and new photo session

1fa4e88fc7e34d90f1bc7ca3e8474622.jpg

e216b26db766d27ba912477bb30f92b2.jpg

70562b606265c0586015b03c789f00ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It arrived. Simply perfect. Pink is just a touch, no paint bleed whatsoever on the knob, the nails, the ears, mouth or nostrils. Just perfect.

IMG_8255.jpg

IMG_8259.jpg

Does anyone know any products that are similar to a detolf in design but only one shelf high? I want to have him displayed down low but don't want him exposed and in prime positioning for destruction by dog.

Hope you were ready incase the cat tries to just ***** slap him off the counter :lol
of course, but my cat is nice ...:lol

Looks good Pizza. If you?re straight out of the box or did you remove some of the pink? Yours has about the right amount imo
In this photo, I had not removed the pink ... :wink1:

ch210.jpg

but now, yes I had removed a little Pink ... :eek:

Not for the faint of heart!

He's doing something similar I had planned. Although in addition I will add a ball joint to the head. Thanks to adams video I'm able to make the mount for it and testprint. I dont think mine will arrive before february, so I have to wait for fitting ^^ (ordered in may).

Modded, little bit of red removal, reposed, and new photo session

1fa4e88fc7e34d90f1bc7ca3e8474622.jpg

Adam if that's you, that is F-ing awesome !!

I definitely think I'll be doing this mod. Articulation is something which was sorely missing from the SS version. I know Hot Toys will have articulation, however those seams on the ears....

I would have been happy with a ball joint on the head, but that he could "do the hand thing" is even better !!

Very helpful getting to see what this looks like fully disassembled. And armature wire was exactly what I was planning to use, so nice to see it work so well. Although I do think his shape looks a bit off by not having the upper arms attached, so I'll definitely be keeping those in.

I also think Adam went a bit too heavy with the weathering. So for mine will probably just stick to dirtying up the bottom edge a bit more.

It's 5pm and DHL hasn't delivered yet... They'll surely deliver tomorrow morning, the only half a day I'll need to be out of home in the whole month. Typical.

Don?t they deliver until 8pm? Thought that was their ?end of day? cut-off.

Love all the coverage on this that tested has done... I will definitely follow this for modding articulation. I watch the tested YouTube regularly, so seeing the Child pop up on there is awesome.

I am surprised Adam didn’t add ear hair on there, I was waiting for that to happen in the video.

Wow! That?s awesome.
At this point I?m just worried about getting one with eyes that are straight. I see way too many where the left eye is looking more left than the right. Haven?t heard if they can be nudged a bit to make both straight.

Wow! That?s awesome.
At this point I?m just worried about getting one with eyes that are straight. I see way too many where the left eye is looking more left than the right. Haven?t heard if they can be nudged a bit to make both straight.

Honestly, eyes are so big it doesn't even matter. Also, the white part is just barely visible under moderate light. I thought the opposite, I preferred the version looking left. I got a somewhat of in-between version and it's totally fine.

I also tried to nudge the eyeball, no luck but of course I haven't forced it.

Don?t they deliver until 8pm? Thought that was their ?end of day? cut-off.

They didn't deliver it of course. It almost took less time to get from Hong Kong to Italy than from a 20km away warehouse to my home. Anyway, given I would be out the next morning I changed the delivery address to a DHL point I luckily have 50 mts away from my house. Guess what? The next day they delivered it to my home, fortunately in the afternoon when I was back.

DHL is a terrible courier in Italy.

Back