Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to also trim the hair on mine a bit when I get it. Should be much shorter. I?d love to try putting more hair on the ears but not sure I?ll make the attempt. Looks amazing though. Great work

Will the magic erase end up doing any long term damage to the remaining paint underneath or should it be fine?

Just to be safe I'll probably stick to using either my thumb or a rag myself, since that seems to work just as well and doesn't involve chemicals of any kind.

I ended up cancelling my preorder. After all these months. While the production product looks great, Im going to wait in case a more premium version comes along that looks more like the proto. It may never happen. If it doesn't Ill just pick one up on the bay or heck, Sideshow may still be churning out this "Limited Edition" version then too lol.

Just to be safe I'll probably stick to using either my thumb or a rag myself, since that seems to work just as well and doesn't involve chemicals of any kind.

I started with my thumb but feared that the amount of rubbing might damage the material in addition to removing the paint. I felt like the Magic Eraser required such a light touch that the material was at less risk and the effect was easier to achieve than with my thumb. It could also be that I lack the patience for the thumb approach...as my wife has mentioned many times :)

Anyone thats on the fence with this guy, get him now. Having it in hand is a feel like no other. Pictures do not do him justice at all.

7f9f5ec50c9402fcd1d12f18ef8eeaf3.jpg

Week 4 with shipping and tax quotes with no shipping info. :(

Ordered on 30JAN2020.

It's 5pm and DHL hasn't delivered yet... They'll surely deliver tomorrow morning, the only half a day I'll need to be out of home in the whole month. Typical.

All these recent pics got me to rebuy it just now. Now to see how long before sideshow ships it. Had $144 in rewards points I put towards it so it made this very affordable

Looks good Pizza. If you?re straight out of the box or did you remove some of the pink? Yours has about the right amount imo

No word on shipping yet. Hopefully soon. I ordered on Feb 4th so I imagine I got shoved in the 2nd batch.

i ordered day 1 as well... still crickets on mine! :mad:

i couldn't wait to have it in hand... so i designed up a mythosaur pendant for the little guy when he shows up! i ran the parts and painted up a test necklace and sent to generalzodlives to give the thumbs up or down... he said it looks great! planning on doing a small run on these if people want one.

hDrDo03.jpg

P8aoz3O.jpg

here's how it turned out on his...

you'll have enough cord to go over or under the collar as you desire.

IKffwoz.jpg

CuGIGMo.jpg

Some pics of my Child! I decided to take the dry magic eraser route and tone down some of the pink on his cheeks and nose area. Didn't want to completely get rid of it so I left it to a point where I think it looks more natural and blends better with the rest of the skin tone. Also decided to punch some hair into the ears and some more hair into the head to blend it and gave him a little trim to make it look a little more accurate IMO. Hope you guys like!

50606767116_0a8bdb939e_b.jpg

50606889727_9b68d1c331_b.jpg

50606024353_059110544c_b.jpg

50606766016_7c42f206fe_b.jpg

50606888747_c15a62703e_b.jpg

50606025853_f40cfa0b70_b.jpg

50606765621_c08fde7df8_b.jpg

wow, you did a great job and this is one amazing piece of art

one question, did you apply heavy pressure or soft to punch ib the hair?

Back