Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anytime anything has ever shipped out from Sideshow, I have never witnessed any method to their madness. For all we know it could be completely randomized.

I have heard some say that Sideshow fulfills all of their customers orders first before shipping out to other retailers, say like BBTS. Is that true? Because then I'm going to be waiting for ages.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

He looks great in Naz and Hemoo photos

Thanks! I think the only negative is the lack of a ball jointed neck, it kind of sucks only being able to display him low. I wonder if that would have violated Sideshow's licensing and crossed their 1/1 Child into action figure territory?

Figured I'd post one more pic while I still have him at work.

20201111_0952142.jpg

Does paying off the balance before it ships mean you get it sooner?

Not in my experience. Had the last installment planned on November 5th, paid off early on November 1st. After a few days of silence received notification item will ship on Nov 12th. I even wrote Sideshow to tell them that I paid off earlier but coudn't pay for the shipping costs. Received a copy-pasted reply that told that the orders were being fulfilled in waves.

Nice shots everyone.
As for paying off early on items from SSC, this was posted as someone?s response on the RPF...

7D96CE69-B6BF-4A17-B2AB-5D12D003D0E5.jpeg

It really is. SSC is usually my last choice but those damn RPs keep bringing me back.

Their shipping process is curious to say the least but their customer service overall has always been top shelf for me. That's why I continue to buy from them...and the Reward Points!

Does paying off the balance before it ships mean you get it sooner?

Not sure what the rhyme or reason is regarding when they ship items out. I received mine today - here is the timeline:

Ordered 10/29/20
Paid off 11/5/20
Shipped 11/5/20
Arrived 11/11/20

Their shipping process is curious to say the least but their customer service overall has always been top shelf for me. That's why I continue to buy from them...and the Reward Points!

Agreed, in my experience their CS is 2nd to none - instant replacement on broken/defective parts but I try to save on tax and shipping from other vendors. Luckily have had no issues with them. But yes I still throw money their way like I did with the Child :D

Not sure what the rhyme or reason is regarding when they ship items out. I received mine today - here is the timeline:

Ordered 10/29/20
Paid off 11/5/20
Shipped 11/5/20
Arrived 11/11/20

WOW

Ordered 10/29/20
Paid off 11/5/20
Shipped 11/5/20
Arrived 11/11/20

Well that is discouraging. I ordered DAY ONE in January and still have no shipment notification yet you got yours less than two weeks after ordering?? Wow...

Mine was a day 1 order. Had paid the deposit up front but never got any notifications about when the remaining payments were due. I paid off the balance 2 weeks ago and today the shipping fee ( about $80 to Ireland ) was charged without any notice. :dunno

Mine was a day 1 order. Had paid the deposit up front but never got any notifications about when the remaining payments were due. I paid off the balance 2 weeks ago and today the shipping fee ( about $80 to Ireland ) was charged without any notice. :dunno

That seems like pretty reasonable shipping cost to Ireland. It's a decent sized box, about half a standard Premium Format box. My shipping was something like $27 to the Midwest here in the states...

I start noticing more scenes on Mando (ep11) with the child pink cheeks, could this pint app make more sense in coming episodes?

That seems like pretty reasonable shipping cost to Ireland. It's a decent sized box, about half a standard Premium Format box. My shipping was something like $27 to the Midwest here in the states...

Oh yea, it's definitely reasonable. Just surprised I didn't get any payment schedule at any stage or notification I was about to be charged for the shipping.

When I asked Sideshow why I ordered mine on Jan 30th yet people buying it within last couple weeks are getting theirs and mine is still not shipping, this was the reply-

"Thank you for taking the time to reach out.

Due to the incredible demand for The Child Life-Size Figure, and the handcrafted nature of this high-end collectible, Sideshow will be receiving our stock in split shipments. All pre-orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were placed.

All pre-orders will be fulfilled as promptly as possible as we receive stock. We are receiving quantity weekly and shipping them out as efficiently as we are able. As with the fulfillment of any anticipated item, things happen. While we try to ensure orders are processed in the order they are received, it's possible this doesn't occur 100% of the time.

The estimated arrival window visible on your order details in your account is your fulfillment window. We expect to fulfill all existing pre-orders by the end of December.

Approximately 5-7 business days ahead of the product’s arrival in our facility, we will send you an email with a processing date and final balance due. Any balance due will automatically process to the payment method associated with the order. Just make sure payment and address information is up to date and correct. No other action is required on your part. "

For those looking to lighten the pink on the cheeks and nose, I ended up using a barely damp magic eraser and it worked really easily. BE CAREFUL though, it is almost too easy as the first pass on mine too a lot of the pink out. Luckily, mine was pretty heavy with pink so it ended up giving me the look I wanted, but with that magic eraser, it comes off FAST!

Back