Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Such a nice picture. Looks alive :)

Could anybody who already got the child tell me the diameter of the neck where the plastic meets the rubber? and for the upper arms, where they meet the body?

Im designing a ball joint for 3d printing and would like to fit the size, so I can testprint them and make sure it can hold the weight before mine arrives. I would share the final files of course :wave

IMG_0822.jpg

Just got mine in the mail. Felt a little damp when opening it but hope that is usual and the reason that all those packets were in it. Did have a base question though. The top of my base has some rough spots on it. Is there supposed to be wear on the top of the base (where he stands but not the nub part)? Almost seems like fingerprints from the painting of it.

I've seen a couple on FB today with various defects, like either scuffed up eyes or with the head dented in. So I'm really hoping that kind of thing is extremely rare and doesn't happen with mine.

Such a nice picture. Looks alive :)

Could anybody who already got the child tell me the diameter of the neck where the plastic meets the rubber? and for the upper arms, where they meet the body?

Im designing a ball joint for 3d printing and would like to fit the size, so I can testprint them and make sure it can hold the weight before mine arrives. I would share the final files of course :wave

Yes I'd be interested in that too. Would be great if someone could take the time to make a quick measurement.

A ball joint could really add a lot more posing options to this little guy.

There must have been a hell of a lot of day one pre-orders if they are fulfilling orders in ?daily waves? and plenty of us day one folk still havent even recieve a preparing to ship notice.

e911b601a6178c49e372a6878abdee15.jpg

I've seen a couple on FB today with various defects, like either scuffed up eyes or with the head dented in. So I'm really hoping that kind of thing is extremely rare and doesn't happen with mine.

If you get one with scuffed up eyes or dented head, is sideshow going to replace such things, does anybody know?

Can you provide a link or name of the page or group? Thank you.

There must have been a hell of a lot of day one pre-orders if they are fulfilling orders in ?daily waves? and plenty of us day one folk still havent even recieve a preparing to ship notice.

How long ago did you get this email? Reason I ask is because I just got this exact email this morning.

When I contacted SSC to see why I didn?t get any charge/ship notification yet (1st hour Jan.29 PO) while others already had theirs they replied that day one PO?s were in the thousands.

It is. Read some place Favreau bought like 30 of them. So don't know if piece was bought for the show from original artist, or what. Great piece.

I might go back for the white bronze??? just to have it. The original unpolished pewter is very nice.

A lot of lesser pieces - the horns are wrong and all that.

Oh cool.
Didn?t have all these options before but that white bronze does look cool. I may be picking that up as well.
Be funny if the other versions shown up later on in the show on other Mandalorians hehe

Thanks mate. I think at the end of the day it seems to come off relatively easily whichever method you choose, luckily. So a bit of light rubbing as you did is enough.

Once I get mine I might also try to fade a bit at the end of the pink area in the ears....if that kind of fade is possible. From what you've said I'm guessing yes if you're careful about it.

It?ll be difficult to fade the color - if you mean as in removing - since it doesn?t come off perfectly uniform, hence several passes to get the pink off. But applying a fade by airbrush would work better but then the issue of keeping the added paint the same finish comes in to play.

It?ll be difficult to fade the color - if you mean as in removing - since it doesn?t come off perfectly uniform, hence several passes to get the pink off. But applying a fade by airbrush would work better but then the issue of keeping the added paint the same finish comes in to play.

OK fair enough. I thought if it took several passes you might be able to fade it a bit at the end of the ears.

Re-paint on the highly visible ears seems a bit scary. But I guess it's not rocket science.

Back