Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the last installment on November 5th but paid it during the weekend. Will the shipping cost be charged automatically once the item is shipped? Couldn't pay them when I settled the remaining balance.

Hi, I just registred, but I'm reading this thread for 5 months now, since I preordered.
I was worried from the start, because I was afraid of a bad paint job. As a painter/sculptor myself, I'm very picky and was never happy with mass production pieces. I understand that the sweatshop workers in china are not as passionate as a painter that does the prototype, but man I'm disappointed. Not only the pink, its the tone of the green too. I was expecting a more olive green for the skin. I knew I would have to add and redo details (veins, blood vessesls and stuff) and correct the skin tone, but when I read its silicone/rubber, I was worried even more, because the only thing that sticks to silicone, is silicone. Thats why you just can rubb off the paint, because they probably didnt paint it with the right paints. Usually you dilute silicone with naphtha or silimar products and add pigments to paint silicone. Painting silicone is more expensive and more difficult. So to be able to rubb off the paint tells me to be very carefully, because most paints wont last very long on silicone :-/ So for mine, I will probably painting it over with the correct colors and seal everything with it.

Well, that was interesting. It's beginning to sound like a magic eraser might work too.

Sadly mine probably won't be available (if I wanted to pay off the PO) until next year Jan-Mar. Tho I'm perfectly happy if I get plenty of pink.

Hi, I just registred, but I'm reading this thread for 5 months now, since I preordered.
I was worried from the start, because I was afraid of a bad paint job. As a painter/sculptor myself, I'm very picky and was never happy with mass production pieces. I understand that the sweatshop workers in china are not as passionate as a painter that does the prototype, but man I'm disappointed. Not only the pink, its the tone of the green too. I was expecting a more olive green for the skin. I knew I would have to add and redo details (veins, blood vessesls and stuff) and correct the skin tone, but when I read its silicone/rubber, I was worried even more, because the only thing that sticks to silicone, is silicone. Thats why you just can rubb off the paint, because they probably didnt paint it with the right paints. Usually you dilute silicone with naphtha or silimar products and add pigments to paint silicone. Painting silicone is more expensive and more difficult. So to be able to rubb off the paint tells me to be very carefully, because most paints wont last very long on silicone :-/ So for mine, I will probably painting it over with the correct colors and seal everything with it.

The problem with the green is that The Child looks different in almost every scene. Sometimes he?s a darker more olive green and sometimes he?s what we see with the Sideshow piece. His entire head even seems to vary from scene to scene.

Sideshow has made him a more bluish-green color than I'd probably prefer. That might be the color of the actual puppet, but once they finish all the color grading they do he usually ends up being a warmer light green on screen.

Yeah I hope so. But I'll believe it when I see more proof of it.

Doesn't seem to make sense though rubbing it off would surely take all of it off unless they had clearcoat layers between.

I'd also be interested in any Facebook shots.

Yeah how is being able to rub off the paint a GOOD thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that was interesting. It's beginning to sound like a magic eraser might work too.

Sadly mine probably won't be available (if I wanted to pay off the PO) until next year Jan-Mar. Tho I'm perfectly happy if I get plenty of pink.
If silicone, it should work. The problem is, the paint will rub off over time if its not the right paint. Thats what is a problem in my eyes.
In my order details it says Aug-Jan 2021, so I assume it will take longer than that. :-/

The problem with the green is that The Child looks different in almost every scene. Sometimes he?s a darker more olive green and sometimes he?s what we see with the Sideshow piece. His entire head even seems to vary from scene to scene.
True, but the promotion pictures and all are more olive green which I really liked, but the production ones are too cold for my taste, so I thought well, if its translucent resin, I could go over with translucent paint and get it more of a yellow/olive green tint. But if its silicone, its way more delicate. But I still will do it. In the same session, I will puncture hair to the ears. For my taste, a lot has to be done until Im happy with it, but I already knew it. I wanted it since its the closest sculpture to the real deal you'll get.

Sideshow has made him a more bluish-green color than I'd probably prefer. That might be the color of the actual puppet, but once they finish all the color grading they do he usually ends up being a warmer light green on screen.
Yes, for the series, they have to overdo and color the puppet so it will look on screen, but we, the audience, see only the screen version, so if I want a "the child" prop, it should be screen accurate, since thats the way I "know" it and am gonna see and enjoy.

If silicone, it should work. The problem is, the paint will rub off over time if its not the right paint. Thats what is a problem in my eyes.

I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that it's silicone. The flexibility in the ears looked stiffer than silicone. I'd bet TPV or something halfway between a plastic and EPDM or silicone.

They definitely wouldn't want paint coming off easily.

I'm also interested to hear more about the pink removal. I assume/hope they have a clear coat between green and pink. I reckon I could even do a better pink re-paint if too much pink came off.

But one guy who did a review said he did it with his thumb.

So Sideshow Rougegate continues.

Yes its hard to tell what materiel, especially without having it in your hands :lol

I will test the paints on the back of the head first. I'm not sure if the hands and feet are the same materiel. If so, the feet would be my canvas :lol

Didn't they already confirm that it's made of resin? It also shows the materials on the product page.

Unfortunately still waiting to hear back but interesting to hear about the thumb removal. That?s not good if the paint isn?t settled lol. I?ll keep you posted.

Didn't they already confirm that it's made of resin? It also shows the materials on the product page.

The material list states "Fabric , Plastic , Resin". Fabric is obvious :D Plastic would be the hidden body and that means, the visible parts would be resin. But they dont state what type. Assuming its some rubber resin, we would still have the same problem as if its silicone. Normal Acrylic or oil paint would not stay on it forever and could be rubbed off. Having to wait another 3 months just to test it is killing me :lol

The material list states "Fabric , Plastic , Resin". Fabric is obvious :D Plastic would be the hidden body and that means, the visible parts would be resin. But they dont state what type. Assuming its some rubber resin, we would still have the same problem as if its silicone. Normal Acrylic or oil paint would not stay on it forever and could be rubbed off. Having to wait another 3 months just to test it is killing me :lol

Just shoot them an email and ask what kind of resin is used. Worst case scenario they cant or wont tell you.

Jedha Patrol has a nice unboxing/review up on YouTube. Nice look at this statue, gives me a good idea what to expect tomorrow.

I'd love to see someone do a video tutorial on the cheek fix personally. If it's as easy as rubbing it with your thumb until the pink starts to fade away i am more than comfortable to do so......i just hope the green doesn't go with it....

Still no word on mine but i did not purchase from Sideshow directly. I purchased from a local vendor here in Canada. I likely won't see mine for weeks if not until the New Year as I was told by the vendor that Sideshow tends to fulfill their direct orders first before sending them out to retailers. Can anyone confirm this? Like BBTS etc. Thanks.

I'd love to see someone do a video tutorial on the cheek fix personally. If it's as easy as rubbing it with your thumb until the pink starts to fade away i am more than comfortable to do so......i just hope the green doesn't go with it....

Still no word on mine but i did not purchase from Sideshow directly. I purchased from a local vendor here in Canada. I likely won't see mine for weeks if not until the New Year as I was told by the vendor that Sideshow tends to fulfill their direct orders first before sending them out to retailers. Can anyone confirm this? Like BBTS etc. Thanks.

I don?t think the green is going to come away, I?m sure they just used green resin rather than painting it green.

Back