Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I MIGHT reorder this again but might wait a bit to see if later batches has better paint, way too much pink on most. Not sure how a repaint could work on this with the little rooted hairs. Might make it a pain to do.

Never underestimate SSC ability to screw up an item in baffling ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I MIGHT reorder this again but might wait a bit to see if later batches has better paint, way too much pink on most. Not sure how a repaint could work on this with the little rooted hairs. Might make it a pain to do.

I don't think a full repaint would be necessary. Just mix up whatever color green that is and then lightly airbrush over those areas to tone it back down.

What I don't get is it looks like they airbrushed an actual pinkish red over top, instead of just using some green with a bit of pink mixed in like HT clearly did.

I think I want to try the thumb trick with surgical gloves on first. That is if I feel it's necessary I suppose.

With just your thumb?! : off to pay off remaining balance on The Child:

Could you link the Facebook posts with the thumb trick shots?

Wow, that is awesome news. Crisis averted I guess!

Yeah I hope so. But I'll believe it when I see more proof of it.

Doesn't seem to make sense though rubbing it off would surely take all of it off unless they had clearcoat layers between.

I'd also be interested in any Facebook shots.

Hi, I just registred, but I'm reading this thread for 5 months now, since I preordered.
I was worried from the start, because I was afraid of a bad paint job. As a painter/sculptor myself, I'm very picky and was never happy with mass production pieces. I understand that the sweatshop workers in china are not as passionate as a painter that does the prototype, but man I'm disappointed. Not only the pink, its the tone of the green too. I was expecting a more olive green for the skin. I knew I would have to add and redo details (veins, blood vessesls and stuff) and correct the skin tone, but when I read its silicone/rubber, I was worried even more, because the only thing that sticks to silicone, is silicone. Thats why you just can rubb off the paint, because they probably didnt paint it with the right paints. Usually you dilute silicone with naphtha or silimar products and add pigments to paint silicone. Painting silicone is more expensive and more difficult. So to be able to rubb off the paint tells me to be very carefully, because most paints wont last very long on silicone :-/ So for mine, I will probably painting it over with the correct colors and seal everything with it.

So are these shipping, it would be great if those that who get their figure shipped can state their order type (international/us) + preorder date

So we can expect when to get ours ...

Back