Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well what happens if later batches of this item turns out better paint-wise? As in, a number of people call in complaining about the pink and they tone it down with ones still being worked on? Could you request one then?

Watching the livestream now. Autumn's looks pretty good there.

The Child.jpg

View attachment 498663

Yeah Autumn’s looks amazing compared to rosacea cheeks on mine. Really blotchy and pink. If they don’t replace I’ll get a refund and rebuy. Just upsetting all the celebs and reviewers get amazing ones for free while we pay for over painted pinkness. I’ll let you know what Sideshow says.

Well what happens if later batches of this item turns out better paint-wise? As in, a number of people call in complaining about the pink and they tone it down with ones still being worked on? Could you request one then?

Unlikely. They're already being made, many probably finished, and it takes time to get a change in once SSC even gets enough feedback to make the decision to request it.

View attachment 498663

The colors in her video are also washed out. It's probably about the same.

Even if that happened they would not care. Do you think those people that got yellowed storm troopers got replacements? SS would just trot out the old "hand painted variation" line.

Yeah that's nowhere near as subtle as in the production pics they put on their website.

I was just coming to post something on this same topic. Seems it is already a thing.

Below is a pic of the prototype. I mean yeah, prototype is one thing, but how hard is it to copy the prototype subtly for this pink. Especially in the ears.

Even Adam Savage noted it in his review. Said it looks like they were heavy handed with the pink to replicate what they sometimes do on set for camera's to still pick up on it. Seems Sideshow has a crappy Chinese factory.

I hope I get one from a later batch at this point, assuming Sideshow even picks up on it.

At the 8:30 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8jtdfga6fg

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 08.56.32.jpg

I was just coming to post something on this same topic. Seems it is already a thing.

Below is a pic of the prototype. I mean yeah, prototype is one thing, but how hard is it to copy the prototype subtly for this pink. Especially in the ears.

Even Adam Savage noted it in his review. Said it looks like they were heavy handed with the pink to replicate what they sometimes do on set for camera's to still pick up on it. Seems Sideshow has a crappy Chinese factory.

I hope I get one from a later batch at this point, assuming Sideshow even picks up on it.

View attachment 498683

Thats the production sample that they have been showing off and not the prototype.

Since thats a production piece and is now on their website with no ?final product may vary? disclaimer, you could easily demand a refund or exchange, I assume

Just got mine. A ton of pink blush. Requesting a replacement. Sucks. Nail polish helps but still stains are left.

Nail polish? Did you apply something on the statue and want to return it?

Could you take a picture from a distance? In video it seems the pink is very visible upclose but much less visible from a distance.

If the inconsistency in paiting is proved, it would totally suck. Anyway I don't think they are sending the "best pieces" to the talents, some have the same level of pink as shown above.

Pink issue addressed below. It seems very evident upclose, not so much when you watch it from just a meter away...

This is the only "review" I found that briefly goes over the material used for the head. Seems like a hard rubber rather than resin. So the little guy won't break an ear when you drop it...

This is the only "review" I found that briefly goes over the material used for the head. Seems like a hard rubber rather than resin. So the little guy won't break an ear when you drop it...

It could be some plastic covered in a rubber-like material. The problem might be exactly this rubber, how long it will last in time. Asking because of the well known issue of Master Replicas lightsabers rubber grip decay and which became gooey after years.

It could be some plastic covered in a rubber-like material. The problem might be exactly this rubber, how long it will last in time. Asking because of the well known issue of Master Replicas lightsabers rubber grip decay and which became gooey after years.

If it's any sort of rubber I'll be concerned. I can be careful and responsible for not breaking it, but I can't do anything about material degradation.

Vinyl lasts much longer than regular rubber. Though it tends to degrade in time as well (emits gases and becomes sticky), but will take long time.

View attachment 498683

I know! Technically, you have to go out of your way to overdo something and that is what's upsetting - giving us subtle rosy cheeks would have been easier/less time-consuming than the effort they put in.

Back