Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder where in the queue SSC will process orders for those of us who did not purchase directly from Sideshow.

Other retailers (BBTS, etc) probably bought batches of them through Sideshow. I guess it is first come, first serve for them too.

Hoping to get this prior to Christmas.

d6d6ceaa0b103444afd38b4106d773cd.jpg

How anyone can say that the HT one is better is beyond me. That expression is just awful.

And both look awful imo. I dont think it comes with two heads though.

Imagine they decided to ditch the attachable ears + seams, and go for 2 heads with different expression and ear position.

I'm sure there is more than a bit of competition here between SS and HT. Maybe Howard is going to flex his muscles ?

Good for us consumers if he does.

Imagine they decided to ditch the attachable ears + seams, and go for 2 heads with different expression and ear position.

I'm sure there is more than a bit of competition here between SS and HT. Maybe Howard is going to flex his muscles ?

Good for us consumers if he does.

This should have been the way. Get rid of the removable ears with the seam, have 2 different heads and HT could have been on par with SC, or even top it.

Yeah, ear seams aside I though the HT actually looked pretty good in proto pics. But now it just looks cartoony as hell, and reminds me more of some giant plastic Hasbro figure.

Meanwhile, back on Fac?book...

View attachment 498549

...later, a fine counterargument by Sir Alberto:
View attachment 498550

Ahhh, lighting and camera angle...they do things...

Like most things in life, the truth probably lies somewhere in between the extremes.

i.e. It is not as bad as the haters say but not as good those that vehemently defend the final product.

Based purely on the unboxing videos I have watched, i would estimate the final product is around 75% of what the prototype looked like.

The sculpt and mold look really good, it is mainly the skin texture and paint apps which appear downgraded and not quite as lifelike. And as you mentioned, lighting and angles make all the difference.

I probably cannot make my own judgement for another couple more months, until Timewalker ships their batches out.

That's why I'm on the fence for this piece and I just got a notification email yesterday saying my card will be charged November 2 so I need to make a decision quick! I'm not too worried about the shape - as that side-by-side is displaying some fisheye distortion - but I'm worried about the paint application. I know some detail will be lost going from proto to production but it's the shade of green and the overly done pink highlights that makes it look a bit cheap to me. If they changed the shade of green and eased up on the pink hues, I'd feel a lot better about my purchase.

I did. But I also did flex and was last payment in Nov 25th. Switched to single pay yesterday and got them email today for earlier processing lol.

Back