Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered Jan 30th. Thought it was first day of preorder. Still no payment/shipping confirmation. Just says Oct-Dec estimate.

Ordered Jan 30th. Thought it was first day of preorder. Still no payment/shipping confirmation. Just says Oct-Dec estimate.

Same boat, ordered pretty much right when it went up. Yet other people who ordered at the same time are getting notices for theirs.

Same boat, ordered pretty much right when it went up. Yet other people who ordered at the same time are getting notices for theirs.

Thus goes the Sideshow shipping randomizer. I'm in the same boat, although I did notice my order now has estimated shipping (27 bucks to the midwest). Hopefully that means it's close to shipping...

I love seeing how giddy Adam is over this statue. Although even he seemed to recognize that the pinkish areas seemed a bit overdone. I think I might try to tone that down a bit on mine with some chalk pastel...

I love seeing how giddy Adam is over this statue. Although even he seemed to recognize that the pinkish areas seemed a bit overdone. I think I might try to tone that down a bit on mine with some chalk pastel...

Suspect around the world any number of collectors will be secretly cuddling this piece - if only for a few minutes.:lol

I don't mind the pink; as my shelves are pretty shadowed most of the time; so he won't look washed out on display. (And yeah, we see Baby's feet in S1 Episode 4 when he is sitting with the kids.)

I think it looks great! I wonder how loose the glass eyes are in it. Would be great if we could adjust them a bit :) Assuming they are close to perfectly spherical, that would be a nice little bit of extra personality if we could rotate them slightly.

Love how they r gifting this left and right over the people who ordered this day one [emoji23] yup not jealous at all

Yeah it's one of the few things which I don't like so much about it. I'll also be open to any mods like that Dave.

Just checked again and not shipping but got the estimate... cheaper than any 1/6 fig I?ve had shipped from SSC in the past 2 yrs :dunno
Mod-wise i wanna see how vibrant the pink is in hand and see if I can deal with it also want to see if there is any way to possibly get a head tilt outta the lil guy. I feel that?s a must.

I think it looks great! I wonder how loose the glass eyes are in it. Would be great if we could adjust them a bit :) Assuming they are close to perfectly spherical, that would be a nice little bit of extra personality if we could rotate them slightly.

Are they glass? in the Sideshow making-of vid, looked like they were painting the iris.

This review has some close ups and is the first I've seen that talks about how the statue feels - doesn't sound like poly which I am happy about in this case.

One thing is for certain. The paint looks to vary a lot in video. It changes so much from shot to shot depending on the ambient light.

I have to say though thay it seems there are differences in the paint application. Adam Savage's one seems to have a pretty pink moustache... While John Deak's has a pinker nose. Again, this might just be the lighting conditions...

Can't wait to check in person :D

I'm guessing the combination of pink and green is what's causing the cameras to freak out a bit. The color looked far more subtle in some earlier pics, so I'm hopeful that's more how it'll actually be in hand.

I do at least love the subtle mottled skin tone they've given this, which is far beyond the kind of thing we usually see from Sideshow.

I really hope we're able to adjust the collar and neck area, cuz that just looks wonky as hell. This shot is from Collider.com's review.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 3.43.35 PM.jpg

Are they glass? in the Sideshow making-of vid, looked like they were painting the iris.

This review has some close ups and is the first I've seen that talks about how the statue feels - doesn't sound like poly which I am happy about in this case.

I think they are. Looks like a sculpted inner eye, hollowed out and encased in either glass or transparent resin. You can see it really clearly in Adam Savage's video. He even shines a flashlight in them.

I emailed Sideshow and they said the pre-orders will be fulfilled in the order that they are placed, and that they are getting them in split shipments, probably 5 at a time :lol

Pre order in! This will be my 1st statue and I can't wait to display. Really wanted an articulated Child but im convinced no matter what hot toys do this version will be far superior. Will be adding the mythosaur necklace as an accessory

Back