Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They originally said it would ship in waves. My guess is that those dates are for people who order now. Hopefully the people who pre-ordered day 1 will get theirs sooner. The email they sent out recently seemed to imply they were getting close.
I just called them and they said that the new dates are accurate. Rep seemed a bit grumpy.

I told them that that seems a little ridiculous given the fact that they sent out the email with the new photos and info that it was shipping soon was sent out not even 12 hours before the dates were changed.

The SS rep stated that January is correct though. I am a little confused and a bit aggravated. We are getting polar opposite messages...

Update: see further below, chat rep updated with more accurate info.

Last edited:
Uh... $82USD shipping. I might cancel. Going to be like ?400GBP after shipping and customs.

Hello, new here I just signed up and spoke with you about this baby yoda that I am looking forward to!
He will discover France :clap

Personally, I am satisfied with the result of this statue.

For the delivery time, I think the new time is for people ordering now.

In my order tracking, always between September and January 2021 (order made and paid in full in May 2020).

Despite this, I just wrote to Sideshow for more information on the shipment of the package.

Yeah the head does look a bit squashed unfortunately, although it's far less apparent in the outdoor shots for some reason. Perhaps due to lens distortion from being taken a bit closer? And it also seems to have a slightly shinier and more plastic look than in the proto as well.

That is cool though that the head is poseable. And despite the small issues I'm still liking this a bit more than the HT one, which comes across much more like an oversized action figure than a replica of the puppet.

How do you know the amount of your shipping costs? An idea for France?

This is my first order from Sideshow.

Thank you ;)

It shows it in my order. Probably the same or more, I?m in the UK.

As much as I want this I don?t know if I want it THAT much.

In order details (top right) it is written on the "shipping" line: pending ... I don't really understand ...

YE0p9NY.png

From Sideshow:
Due to the incredible demand for The Child Life-Size Figure, and the handcrafted nature of this high-end collectible, Sideshow will be receiving our stock in split shipments. All pre-orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were placed.

Please note that the estimated arrival window on our site has been updated to accommodate new orders for future stock, and does not affect pre-orders that have already been placed or your place in that fulfillment queue.

I just called them and they said that the new dates are accurate.

My order status still says August-October time frame. I'm holding out hope that the current dates listed on the public facing site are for people who order now and that the first wave will come before January. I guess we'll see...

Having shipping prices updated means it will ship soon. As far as the new photos go, it?s as good as it gets for Sideshow. Love the new changes: rotated head, removable shift knob and the ability for it to stand without the base.

Thanks for the great comparison shots, Pizza. I wonder if the changes to the sculpt were required by Disney? I personally think the prototype is cuter but the production piece does look a little closer to screen accurate to me, especially the eyes which appear to be slightly too big and round on the proto.

Thanks for the great comparison shots, Pizza. I wonder if the changes to the sculpt were required by Disney? I personally think the prototype is cuter but the production piece does look a little closer to screen accurate to me, especially the eyes which appear to be slightly too big on the proto.

Required? Possibly. Approved? Definitely.

Back