Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This fits totally with the standard collectible cycle.

1). People pre-order based on an extra-ordinary prototype.
2). First non-official production pics look terrible in comparison (zoomed in, at weird angles, taken with phone camera, bad lighting etc)
3). First in hand video/pics people agree it's not too bad
4). People actually get in hand and all is good

Well that's how it normally goes.

You forgot the step where everyone whinges it's not ESB Han, Lando or the Death Star Trooper :nana:

You forgot the step where everyone whinges it's not ESB Han, Lando or the Death Star Trooper :nana:

:lol very true ! How you I have forgotten that !

So when is this guy due to come out ? I thought it was end of the year roughly ?? If so, strange they have production pics done now all ready to leak, as they have.

Well I had to edit this post lol. Looked at some screen shots of him and these eyes are more in line with the show puppets.

Last edited:
:lol very true ! How you I have forgotten that !

So when is this guy due to come out ? I thought it was end of the year roughly ?? If so, strange they have production pics done now all ready to leak, as they have.

Here is the text of the newsletter SS sent to those who preordered.

Greetings,
The tracking fob indicates The Child is getting closer…

According to our official guild sources, The Child Life-Size Figure will begin shipping to customers in early November. In the coming weeks, look for a shipping update in your online account, located under your specific order.

As you await the arrival of The Child, take a look at the official final production photos below. We have also included a closer look at the art box that will protect your precious collectible cargo as it ships to you.

Expect further communication from us as we get closer to securing the asset for you.

This is the way.

I hate it, I want to cry

The neck is just too long, the photo they sent looks awkward than the original sweet photos

I hate it, I want to cry

The neck is just too long, the photo they sent looks awkward than the original sweet photos

It?s just a bad photo. Compare it to photo #12 on the Sideshow page. It?s pretty much identical apart from the tailoring and the horrible lighting in the production photos.

100% is the same sculpt. So the neck issue is definitely a matter of cloth futzing.

Excited to carry this little guy around once I finish my Mando costume build. Finished all of my soft parts. My armor and Anovos helmet are currently being repainted with Alumaluster. But I dropped it all together in Photoshop to get a sense of what it'll look like once everything is combined.

IMG_20200909_110533_064.jpg

100% is the same sculpt. So the neck issue is definitely a matter of cloth futzing.

Excited to carry this little guy around once I finish my Mando costume build. Finished all of my soft parts. My armor and Anovos helmet are currently being repainted with Alumaluster. But I dropped it all together in Photoshop to get a sense of what it'll look like once everything is combined.

View attachment 494948

That'll be awesome! Wouldn't the Hot Toys Life Size be an easier "carry around". I didn't order the HT because I'm fine with the statue aspect of the Sideshow.

That'll be awesome! Wouldn't the Hot Toys Life Size be an easier "carry around". I didn't order the HT because I'm fine with the statue aspect of the Sideshow.
It probably would be easier to carry the HT version around. But I'm a stickler for likenesses, and I think HT missed the mark. At least from what we've seen so far. The SSC version looks much more accurate.

Plus I may mod my statues so that I can pose him :)

It probably would be easier to carry the HT version around. But I'm a stickler for likenesses, and I think HT missed the mark. At least from what we've seen so far. The SSC version looks much more accurate.

Plus I may mod my statues so that I can pose him :)

No disagreement and the other reason I went with the SSC version. I was a bit miffed at the ear seam on the HT as well... Looking forward to seeing the build progress. Are you active on The Dented Helmet? I'm starting a ROTJ Fett build and have been scouring that forum for tips...

No disagreement and the other reason I went with the SSC version. I was a bit miffed at the ear seam on the HT as well... Looking forward to seeing the build progress. Are you active on The Dented Helmet? I'm starting a ROTJ Fett build and have been scouring that forum for tips...

Agreed! That seam is terrible.

I love ROTJ Boba. That's actually a build I was hoping to do down the line.

I am on the Dented Helmet, my handle is FoxHound1984 :)

Last edited:
Back