Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint app looks great. Lighting conditions and angle are different from proto, no worries about that.

Clothes do look a little worse at proportions and weathering, but may only need some proper futzing.

Really happy so far.

It definitely looks different than the original proto but I will reserve judgement until I see some more photos/videos. One thing I definitely dont love though is now it seems like the head is angled upward more than before, like he is looking up at someone. That throws a wrench into my plan to display him on top of a detolf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually like the changes to the head. I always thought the initial proto (while great) looked a bit too round and chibi-like from some angles. Really digging this pics. Excited to see more! :)

Wish it were November already!

Agreed. The shape of the head was the only thing I thought HT got a bit closer than Sideshow, but now it looks like it could be straight out of the show (well except for the fuzz not extending all the way down the ears).

This has been sculpted by the actual people that make the real deal - it's going to be the closest mass produced representation we'll ever see.

And, as SSC said in their reply; it's 100% the angle of the photo that's making it look so different - look at the base in the comparison shots, you can clearly see how much higher the original photos were taken.

The only concern I have is there seems to be an undergarment on the proto (look at the close shots of the sleeve and neck on their website photos) that dosen't appear to be here - but more than likely it'll just come down to futzing.

This has been sculpted by the actual people that make the real deal - it's going to be the closest mass produced representation we'll ever see.

And, as SSC said in their reply; it's 100% the angle of the photo that's making it look so different - look at the base in the comparison shots, you can clearly see how much higher the original photos were taken.

The only concern I have is there seems to be an undergarment on the proto (look at the close shots of the sleeve and neck on their website photos) that dosen't appear to be here - but more than likely it'll just come down to futzing.

I was thinking the same way about the undergarment. I think it's there, just needs to be pulled up with the futzing of the potato sack. This looks great however, & I can't wait till November.

I think the partnership with Legacy Effects definitely helps, plus I think this is the one piece they wouldn't get away with making subpar.

That hasn’t helped all that much in the past.

But this production piece and the Mark 3 Iron Man life size bust certainly came out better than I thought either of them would.

I can’t wait to get this in hand.

Wow I’m impressed I like what I’m seeing! Getting excited for mine now

You know it must be pretty good when Sideshow is showing production pictures two months before release. A first I think. Usually they put them up about a week after they start shipping :lol. They are clearly proud of this and it looks to be for good reason.

Definitely good new update photos. I hope we also can get some photos on how they produced his feet.

This fits totally with the standard collectible cycle.

1). People pre-order based on an extra-ordinary prototype.
2). First non-official production pics look terrible in comparison (zoomed in, at weird angles, taken with phone camera, bad lighting etc)
3). First in hand video/pics people agree it's not too bad
4). People actually get in hand and all is good

Well that's how it normally goes.

Kinda worried something like this may be all that?s underneath :thud:

AE996E5E-DD19-4D48-B34A-B73BEA5803DB.jpeg

I think it was established in the earlier Sideshow Live that there's an actual full body under there with feet, it's just not detailed or painted in the same way as the head and hands.

Yeah, it's confirmed that he has feet. The body is obviously undetailed, and I wouldn't expect them to detail a body for an alien baby anyway...

Are you planning to play with him naked?

Um no.

I think it was established in the earlier Sideshow Live that there's an actual full body under there with feet, it's just not detailed or painted in the same way as the head and hands.

Ok cool must?ve missed that. No details needed I was just worried about the form of the body to support the potato sack (hat rack sketch was an exaggeration :D )
Thought SSC might cut corners since this was only $350.

Back