New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabres21768

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hot on the heels of the release of the bust version comes this new full figure statue of Giger's Alien from Sano.

As with the bust, this will most likely come in kit and pre-painted versions.

No word yet on scale (looks pretty big though) or price.

sanoAlien.jpg

sanoAlien1.jpg

sanoAlien2.jpg

don't care about the price. that thing is majestic and i shall have it.

... ok, i'll be the one to ask - what's the deal with the dogs?

looks good, hate the pose, but I know you Alien guys love it. Not for me, but looks 1/4 scale.

Awesome! I'll never be able to own it in a million years, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Great news.
It will be pricey but I'm gonna start saving money today...we might have a full year before production.

looks good, hate the pose, but I know you Alien guys love it. Not for me, but looks 1/4 scale.
definitely looks bigger than that. i'm pretty sure the bust was 1:3 scale and i think this is the same. gonna be frikkin epic all painted up.

Wow.. I can only imagine the same paint job done on this full size statue. This is gonna be really amazing..

This pose needs to be viewed sideways to be appreciated, can't wait to see full shot of this at an angle, fully painted... :thud:

I had the bust on preorder for a while, then I cancelled it in the hopes that they'd make a full figure -- and there it is...

the prepainted bust alone was 7-800 bucks ... wonder what this one will be...

Last edited:
More impressive than the Marmit? Maybe... this statue looks freaking definitive. The price'll be insane, seeing as the bust was already so expensive, but DAMN!

More impressive than the Marmit? Maybe... this statue looks freaking definitive. The price'll be insane, seeing as the bust was already so expensive, but DAMN!

It's definately not nearly as tall as the Marmit, but it is a better sculpt.

I think its also based on the statue at gigers museum...the separated fingers, smooth wrists...this looks nicer definitely than the marmit, more accurate, ad much as I lov my marmit...gotta hav this one...so its 1/5 not 1/3 like tbe bust ?...well that's good then, price shouldnt be tetrribly high...

:goodpost:

Thx217, this modified kit is insanely cool. :yess:

This is the most accurate alien yet. Hoping this will be 1:3 scale.

looks like the old Marmit 1/3 vinyl kit:dunno

It's in 1/5. And there are big differences between the Marmit and Sano piece.

I think its also based on the statue at gigers museum...the separated fingers, smooth wrists...this looks nicer definitely than the marmit, more accurate, ad much as I lov my marmit...gotta hav this one...so its 1/5 not 1/3 like tbe bust ?...well that's good then, price shouldnt be tetrribly high...

Yup and it's in 1/5, not 1/3 like the bust. Like you said, probably trying to keep the cost friendlier.

It's in 1/5. Around 19" tall.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=113389&page=9

It's still a WIP. Can't wait to see when it's done.

Some modified kits based on Sano's sculpt.

Holy freaking crap I'm jealous. This is a fantastic sculpture of the Alien and I want it real bad. If we were doing a new Alien action figure now days I'd want it to look like this with articulation. This guy did such a nice job and VERY accurate.

Back