Statue DC Comics and Bowen/Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oeren

Freakzoid
Reaction score
So, I'm new to the collectibles world and I'm wondering why DC doesn't work out a deal with either of these established companies and give them licenses to create statues.

With the DCU wide revamp, it's been widely speculated that DC is desperate for money, andI believe that DC could see a huge profit based on the demand for these companies' Marvel products.

As much as I like some DC Direct statues, their work, in general, just doesn't compare to what I've seen from, say, Bowen Designs. If affordability is an issue, DCD could still offer lower scale statues at a lower price. This way, we, as fans, get more variety.

Again, I'm pretty new to the collectibles world and I don't know if this issue has been discussed before. If it has, an explanation would greatly be appreciated.

So, I'm new to the collectibles world and I'm wondering why DC doesn't work out a deal with either of these established companies and give them licenses to create statues.

With the DCU wide revamp, it's been widely speculated that DC is desperate for money, andI believe that DC could see a huge profit based on the demand for these companies' Marvel products.

As much as I like some DC Direct statues, their work, in general, just doesn't compare to what I've seen from, say, Bowen Designs. If affordability is an issue, DCD could still offer lower scale statues at a lower price. This way, we, as fans, get more variety.

Again, I'm pretty new to the collectibles world and I don't know if this issue has been discussed before. If it has, an explanation would greatly be appreciated.

Sideshow will make wonderful DC statues if they are allowed to have a DC license. I am tired of those tiny mini statues or those remake statues at smaller scales from DCD.

DCD is ass backwards

Definitely.. Their arrogance really keeps them from making use of the DC characters. They are the only company that is allowed to make DC statues and they think collectors will buy whatever they make. I guess this is about to change according to many rumors floating around.

I think it's assuming too much to say that. DC is a business, yes, but their motivation here is more about market share and presence than simple cash flow. Like Marvel, DC is owned by a larger corporation, and they serve much more use to that corporation as a facility that churns out popular characters that can be exploited in other media. It almost doesn't matter whether DC itself is profitable so long as WB can keep producing Batman cartoons and movies and video games.

All that being said, I would like it if DC closed down DC Direct and licensed their properties to outside companies like Sideshow and Bowen. Mattel already has the action figure segment covered well enough. The problem with DC Direct is that their products keep getting more expensive while their quality keeps dipping. The prices they charge for tiny little statues like the DC Chronicles pieces or the Superman Forever mini-statue are ridiculous. Not to mention they can't seem to put out anything these days without delaying it for months.

DC Direct seems to be in chaos right now and deeply in need of guidance. I really hope at SDCC they either announce DC Direct is being shut down or make a firm commitment to improving their output.

DC is restructuring - and DCD is either shrinking or disappearing.

SDCC will be fun!

DC is restructuring - and DCD is either shrinking or disappearing.

SDCC will be fun!

:1-1::clap:duff Can't wait to see what is going to happen at SDCC from Sideshow!!! There are lots of DC villains and superheroes that will make awesome 1:4 scale PFs! :pray:

I would like to see 1:4 scale Deathstroke PF from Sideshow. I don't understand why DC Direct never made a statue for Deathstroke... Seriously.. I can't think of a reason behind it

I would like to see 1:4 scale Deathstroke PF from Sideshow. I don't understand why DC Direct never made a statue for Deathstroke... Seriously.. I can't think of a reason behind it

probably because he is a cheap knock off version of Deadpool.

Yeah, DCD is shrinking. and SS is releasing the DC HT figures now too.

I bet we'll see GL (Hot Toys) and hopefully a Superman or Batman (or both) PFs at the Sideshow booth this year. :pray:

Maybe a Wonder Woman or a Catwoman comiquette?? :drool

Yeah, DCD is shrinking. and SS is releasing the DC HT figures now too.

I bet we'll see GL (Hot Toys) and hopefully a Superman or Batman (or both) PFs at the Sideshow booth this year. :pray:

Maybe a Wonder Woman or a Catwoman comiquette?? :drool

That would be outstanding! Especially if they were designed by AH! :drool :drool :drool

With all the new DC titles coming out in September, I think it will be fantastic to see Sideshow making DC characters with the new designs! Have you seen this new Deathstroke?

1852521-1_deathstroke_cv1mmner034n5s_super.jpeg

5156d1307639786-sm_cv2.jpg

Sideshow will make wonderful DC statues if they are allowed to have a DC license. I am tired of those tiny mini statues or those remake statues at smaller scales from DCD.

Dave been hinting at a DC license announcement for a while now so Sideshow is getting them most likely at PFs maybe even props, LSB and dios if we're lucky.

The thing is that with the restructuring of the DCU, I'm afraid their license announcement will come at the agreement that they do only the characters in their current incarnations and that classic, timeless versions of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash won't get done for a long while. At least my Green Lanterns went through fairly unscathed in terms of redesigns.

Dave been hinting at a DC license announcement for a while now so Sideshow is getting them most likely at PFs maybe even props, LSB and dios if we're lucky.

The thing is that with the restructuring of the DCU, I'm afraid their license announcement will come at the agreement that they do only the characters in their current incarnations and that classic, timeless versions of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash won't get done for a long while. At least my Green Lanterns went through fairly unscathed in terms of redesigns.

I hope Sideshow will do every format line. DC Direct failed to deliver what the market wants and I find it funny that there is a DCD fan who thinks Sideshow will not do a better job than DCD....

Back