What is your favorite live action Batsuit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite live action Batsuit?

• TV Series Batman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 1989 Batman

Votes: 46 19.2%
  • 1992 Returns Batman

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Batman Forever "Panther" suit

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Batman Forever "Sonar" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman and Robin suit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman and Robin "Ice" suit

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 80 33.3%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 55 22.9%
  • Dead End

Votes: 18 7.5%

• Total voters

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
What is your favorite live action Batsuit? Regardless of how good or bad the film or show might have been, design wise, which do you prefer? I think I included all of the live action suits, including Dead End. Unfortunately I could only list 10 entries in the poll, so I left out the suits from the 1940's, but I listed them in the thread anyways.

1943 Batman
batman-dc-comics-20080717031318430-000.jpg
[/IMG]

1949 Batman
Batman49WeirdArms.jpg
[/IMG]

TV Series Batman
1aa85050-a3a5-45b9-bf3e-8840265bf0ed_batman_Adam_West.jpg
[/IMG]

1989 Batman
383px-1989Batsuit3.jpg
[/IMG]

1992 Returns Batman
337px-BatmanReturnsBatsuit6.jpg
[/IMG]

Batman Forever "Panther" suit
batman_forever_val_kilmer.jpg
[/IMG]

Batman Forever "Sonar" suit
Sonar.jpg
[/IMG]

Batman and Robin suit
Clooney_wings.jpg
[/IMG]

Batman and Robin "Ice" suit
Batman_and_Robin.jpg
[/IMG]

Batman Begins

batman_begins_batman_in_hallway.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
1989 suit all the way! Only suit that comes close would be the TDK suit, love the military/combat like style with it. Still the '89 suit is part of my childhood and one of my first memories as a kid seeing him and the two thugs on the rooftop from the start of the movie. Just seeing the all black Bats drop in behind them and then show off the cape.......amazing!

1943 Batman

Holy Granny Panties, Batman!

1949 Batman

I love the cowl on the 40's serial Bat-suits. Looks just like something your mom might've made for you for Halloween, when you were six years old.

TV Series Batman

I always thought the symbol rode a little low on Adam West's suit, which was kind of awkward. It belongs on the sternum....above the nipple line!

Also, I never got why Batman had eyebrows...

1989 Batman

The first of the modern-Bat-suits. A modern classic! But it suffers from cheap-looking, slightly phony muscle bulges. Batman 1989 is a great movie, but you can tell at some points that their budget was just a little bit constrained when it came to production design.

1992 Returns Batman

D'oh! You picked probably the worst picture ever of this suit - the lack of black make-up around the eyes make it look so much more awkward and less badass!

As a redo of the 1989 Bat-suit, the Returns Bat-suit just edges it out in my rankings. It eschews the muscle bulges for a more modern, and realistic, body armor look, and the design is definitely better for it. It also doesn't look cheap in the way that the 89 suit can up close, thanks to an even larger budget put towards production design. But in most respects, it's nearly identical to the original, so it doesn't lose that classic connection.

Batman Forever "Panther" suit

I feel like, if the 89 suit had been designed and built with an even larger budget, we might have gotten something like this. It's not a bad suit (except for the nipples), but I prefer the body armor look - and a bit more color.

Batman Forever "Sonar" suit

Actually, I thought Robin's design was pretty good - makes him look like a competent Batman hero, with a cinematically believable design, while still being colorful and recognizably "Robin."

Batman and Robin suit

Didn't happen.

Batman and Robin "Ice" suit

Didn't happen even more.

Batman Begins

I consider this suit to be analogous to the Returns suit - almost all black, with the body armor look. Just redone for a new franchise and a new decade. A great suit, but I still prefer the Returns suit, if only because of the role "Batman Returns" played in my childhood.

The Dark Knight

Best bat-suit - truly blends form and function like no other, to serve Batman as an actual weapon in his "War on Crime." The most realistic suit by far (Oh my god! A ninja that can TURN HIS HEAD!), with some of the coolest gadgets, while still looking fearsome when confronted in the shadows.

Dead End

Ok, I get what they were trying to do here - but there's a reason none of the Batman movies used suits that were this faithful to the comics. What works in an artist's rendition simply does not work in live action, not if you're trying to maintain a modicum of believability. To that end, I don't understand some of the insane love that this suit gets from some fans.

1992 Returns Batman

D'oh! You picked probably the worst picture ever of this suit - the lack of black make-up around the eyes make it look so much more awkward and less badass!

That's what was bugging me about that picture. I was trying to figure out why it looked like a Halloween costume. So obvious in retrospect.

Begins, Dead End.

I think Dead End looks the best, but my brain has a hard time processing its practicality. I think if they had done the Begins suit in gray/black, there's be no conflict, but I'm pretty sure a guy doing this job needs body armor.

That said, the Dead End Batman is infinitely more badass than all of the rest. He fought predators and aliens in spandex. That is all.

Batman Begins and Batman 1989.

The Begins suit is like a classic interpretation of the modern comics on film and the '89 suit is a classic interpretation of the 70's/80's Adam Neal era comics on film.

If I could, I'd choose almost all of them, well from the Nolan, Burton and Shumacher films anyway. None of them, save maybe the Clooney suits, were bad. They were all well done.

I don't think any of the suits are bad either... the only bad thing about Clooney's suit was the awful silver paint job.

It's just Kilmers sonar suit with some bad modifications/alterations... shows you how easy it is to get carried away and ruin what was a pretty good design.

I think all the movie suits are great, my least favourite is the sonar suit. The Begins suit is my favourite, Panther suit second. I also love the Dead End look, can't beat that classic look.

Back