Hot Toys Stand Name Plate Font+Size Help Please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondaholic

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello All,

Not sure if this is the right place for it... but I have recently brought a Hot Toys Joker (Police Disguise). However it had no base. So I purchase a blank Hot Toys one from eBay.

In order to make it blend in with the others a bit more - I was going to add the name on to its blank name. But wanted it to be exactly the same as the others. Font wise.

br_stand.jpg

Does anybody know the font name or similar and the dimensions of this (in pixels or inches) ^ to match others?

I was think along the lines of 'The Joker - Police Disguise Version'

I will then print it out on paper/card and glue it onto the plate.

I am quite new to doing this, so hopefully some of you have done this before!

Thanks in advance.
Bondaholic

Sounds good, how do I order, or see anything he has done before? I have tried looking via his profile but nothing? or is it worth just dropping him a PM?

Sounds good, how do I order, or see anything he has done before? I have tried looking via his profile but nothing? or is it worth just dropping him a PM?

You can order from him through PM.

Here is a thread that has a lot of his work, and also has feedback from a LOT of happy customers:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50534

The last few pages of that thread have some good pictures of what the labels themselves look like, before being applied to the stand.

I recently had this question and found this thread through a quick search. The Evilface option is great, but if you were in a hurry and just wanted something quick, I found out that what worked for me using Photoshop was to start with a black background and then use the IMPACT regular font at 30 pt. However, I had to print it at 50% reduction and it seemed to look just right. So maybe if you used IMPACT regular font at 15 pt it might work just the same without reducing the print size later. Again, I was just messing around and this is what I came up with for now. Hopefully this will help a bit.

Hello All,

Not sure if this is the right place for it... but I have recently brought a Hot Toys Joker (Police Disguise). However it had no base. So I purchase a blank Hot Toys one from eBay.

In order to make it blend in with the others a bit more - I was going to add the name on to its blank name. But wanted it to be exactly the same as the others. Font wise.

br_stand.jpg

Does anybody know the font name or similar and the dimensions of this (in pixels or inches) ^ to match others?

I was think along the lines of 'The Joker - Police Disguise Version'

I will then print it out on paper/card and glue it onto the plate.

I am quite new to doing this, so hopefully some of you have done this before!

Thanks in advance.
Bondaholic

Meh, better just to order vinyl labels from EF. Save the headache, the price is almost unreasonably affordable and they'll last longer anyway. :huh

Back