Captian America Premium Format EX magnet issues...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A2G

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello fellow freaks,

For those of you who have the Cap PF or EX PF, can you please let me know if the shield hand being loose because of weak magnets is a common issue or small % of defects? When I put on the circular shield on cap, it is loose and does not hold in place. Any info on this would greatly help. Thank you.

My Cap's magnets hold everything in place pretty well. No complaints here on my end.

I do remember hearing about some issues, but I can't remember how widespread the complaints were.

mine is also fine :dunno

Attachments

• BABF7180-9810-42B9-93F2-4D51A5D06B54.jpeg
    BABF7180-9810-42B9-93F2-4D51A5D06B54.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 23
my magnets sucked so bad that my 1st round shield fell off and broke. Sideshow was cool tho and sent me a replacement. 2 in fact. and i have the extra for sale now on ebay. it's definitely a rare and unique opportunity to pick up a replacement that could very well be need later for this now $1000+ statue.
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320596887203&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

people just don't think about it until they need it replaced lol.

Never had issues with my magnets. I've switched out the head and shields several times.

Never had any issues with mine. have you contacted Sideshow? FRom what Mookeylama says u may well get a replacement or two...

Never had any issues with mine. have you contacted Sideshow? FRom what Mookeylama says u may well get a replacement or two...

Can I get a replacement for it now? It has been released for a while. I did not buy this directly from them.

When I bought it from the seller, I was not told or knew about this problem. I paid full price for it and as soon as I decided to display cap, I notice the round shield does not stick in and might fall. I don't know what to do at this point. Would you pay full price for one with this type of issue or expect a lowered value?

A2G

I got the CA PF from a Forum member and it has no issue at all with the Magnet. Congrats on it. It is a great PF!!!

The defect probably wouldn't lower the value and probably can be fixed with a stronger magnet.

If I can find a magnet thin enough but stronger than the magnet in the elbow to hold on to the arm, it might work.

I don't know about the value, but I want to be able to display cap with circular shield without worrying about it falling and breaking, as it is quite loose. :(

Can I get a replacement for it now? It has been released for a while. I did not buy this directly from them.

When I bought it from the seller, I was not told or knew about this problem. I paid full price for it and as soon as I decided to display cap, I notice the round shield does not stick in and might fall. I don't know what to do at this point. Would you pay full price for one with this type of issue or expect a lowered value?

If you didn't get it from SS direct then the conversation might be a little different... I havent had to contact them about a piece I didn't get direct

If you didn't get it from SS direct then the conversation might be a little different... I havent had to contact them about a piece I didn't get direct

they're actually very good about that kind of request.
i've requested a few items in the past that i've either received from ebay or lcs and they've supplied a replacement for only the cost of shipping.

I got mine very recently, the magnet holds it well in place but the modern shield does tend to lean against the left leg.

But I'm not worried about it falling off though.

Back