Catfish - The Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have no idea if this will be any good, but it caught my eye during a commercial I just saw.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uJfaz_w7-f8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/uJfaz_w7-f8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I hope that isn't true. I don't want it to be spoiled just yet.

I'm just playing. I have no idea. I watched the trailer for the first time just now. And trailers like that bother the heck out of me. :lol

I was a big wuss during the Blair Witch Project. It seems like they're taking that angle, and that means I won't be watching this. I'll wait for people to tell me the ending. :lol

But I will say what I think will happen is this will be a success because of its low budget, so a "Catfish 2" will somehow, someway, surface....thus, taking the edge off of the first one, ruining the whole franchise....just like the Blair Witch Project did. :lol

I don't know what the twist is but the title is likely a clue.
Sexual dimorphism is reported in about half of all families of catfish.

Since it's about a secluded family I bet they have some wonky ass fin genital mutation or something. That or they are giant human eating catfish-people. :lol

I find these types of movies, even the good ones like Audition, too gimmicky and lame and they have never paid off for me.

Last edited:
I don't know what the twist is but the title is likely a clue.
Sexual dimorphism is reported in about half of all families of catfish.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism

Since it's about a secluded family I bet they have some wonky ass fin genital mutation or something. That or they are giant human eating catfish-people. :lol

I find these types of movies, even the good ones like Audition, too gimmicky and lame and they have never paid off for me.

I have a strange feeling that you hit it right on the head...

Giant human-eating catfish people. :lecture

this is what I meant to quote from wiki instead of the link :slap

"The modification of the a-nal fin into an intromittent organ (in internal fertilizers) as well as accessory structures of the reproductive apparatus (in both internal and external fertilizers) have been described in species belonging to 11 different families."

so if there are no men in the movie family... the "chicks" have been impregnating each other? themselves? :monkey1

I didn't see this movie but I read the plot on wiki and it sounds AWFUL. The trailer makes it like it could be some cool horror suspense film...NOPE ending sounds terrible. I wouldn't waste your money.

I know what the twist is and they are being misleading with the horror movie marketing in order to keep the actual "twist" hush-hush. This will definitely piss off a lot of audience members.

That said, word of mouth is mostly very positive. But bare in mind those audiences saw it at Cannes, without any advertising.

I saw this Documentary and it was amazing. Shame you guys felt the need to ruin it for yourselves by reading what happens, as it's the experience of emotions the movie gives you that matters.
And Big Lol at people who thought Jason or Freddy were going to jump out at the end and kill everybody.

Back