Hot Toys True Type Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjefsoccer

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've been looking around for a HT True Type Slim figure and notice almost everyone is sold out of these. This isn't a limited release is it? Won't retailers eventually get more of these in? Why are these so hard to come by? Doesn't Hot Toys continually produce these?

they make them in waves sort of and then they just sort of run dry. tey will make it again probably some where down the line probably with some changes and improvements but until then you will have to pay inflated prices.

I've been wondering the same thing myself. If these are base bodies how come they are so hard to come by these days. Not so much Slim types because they are the newest but narrow shoulders and impossible to find these days unless you're paying for a part out figure. And even then it's still hard to come by.

I remember last summer, when there were a ____load of narrow shoulders on ebay, selling for 50$ tops, and now..

50 is a lot they should retail for 30. but yah they're all gone boys, so next time HT does a new version, stock the hell up!!

I too fell victim, got myself a couple loose john connor bodies a couple weeks ago for 20 bucks each. no hands or feet but luckily i've got plenty spares.

Yeah advice is good. When the new bodies come out I'm buying a case.... ok maybe not a case but I'm gonna try and stock up.

I too was just wondering about this. I only got into these collecting about six months ago and I expected that these figures would always be available, that there'd always be some kind of option out there, but now it seems virtually impossible to buy TrueType male figures anywhere but on eBay and there you're paying at least double, it seems.

Might be good to find retailers who break down figures too. All of HT's figures come on varying TTs, and you'll likely get them for cheaper than a new one.

basically, they do a run, then those sell out, then they do a new run, and each run seems to come with different headsculpts.

I stock up when the new TTs are released. They sell out quick and become a pain to find later.

Might be good to find retailers who break down figures too. All of HT's figures come on varying TTs, and you'll likely get them for cheaper than a new one.

Only place I know of that parts out is Toy Anxiety and we all know how fast those go. You have to be there the exact time they update or your SOL.

Here are some narrow-shouldered nudes:
nudes_htjonconnor.gif

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

When would people guess that new (or just new stock) TrueType figures might arrive? I guess if there's an upcoming figure with alternate costume and head then we might see a bodies come out around the same time, which I think happened with Thriller Jackson and DX Joker. Would people agree that's how it usually goes? Is there such a figure coming out in the near future?

I just bought all the parts to make the Police Joker with the exception of the body. All the pieces, the head and everything, came to just $38 from four separate auctions by the same seller. If I buy a body at the current asking price it's gonna ruin that - it looks like I'd have to pay $60 at a minimum, a terrible price.

I got a bunch just lying around my room still in the clamshell, 3 Narrows and 2 Slims, plus a bunch of other bodies. Weird, I didn't know these things suddenly become hard to come by.

There are some on ebay, I only saw them yesterday.

I cant remember who the seller was but if I come across them again I'll post the link. But a search should find them anyways.

Yeah, I see them on eBay, that's where I bought the Joker items, but the best I could get it there is $60 including the often inexplicable postage cost to Australia. It's tough to pay when in the past these bodies were just $20 and when it's certain that down the line they'll come about in some form for that price again. At $60 too it seems like it'd be better value to buy something like a Tony Stark or Aldo Raine figure and take what I need from there and sell off the rest.

I'm really happy just to wait until new TrueTypes come out, but how long that will be I don't know, that's what I'm wondering here.

A new one is coming now, finally:

product_image.php

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20933&cat=0&page=

Pre-order: available in Q3, 2010

The 1/6th scale new generation TrueType Male body set specially features:

- Newly sculpted head
- Two (2) neck styles
- Narrow shoulder
- Two (2) sets of bendable and interchangeable palms
*One (1) pair for holding gun
*One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- Over 38 points of articulation
- Suitability for 1/6th scale fabric costume and accessories, especially for Hot Toys’ DX01 Joker collectible figure

Back