Bif Bang Pow! '70s style MEGO 8-inch pre-orders up for grabs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome. I'm still wanting to see some images, there are none yet as I just got the info a while ago.

I'd like to see pics... the Mego style seems pretty appropriate for the Venture Brothers, in particular!

WTF is this?!? I just came across pre orders for Battlestar Galactica and Six Million Dollar Man 8" figures from Gif Bang Pow!

BBP14100BBlg.jpg

BBP14100AAlg.jpg

BBP15100AAlg.jpg

BBP15100BBlg.jpg

Sucks you have to buy then in pairs. $38 for a set of two is okay I guess, but not so good if one of the figures is not anything you really want. They were smart to put a good one and a not so good one together for each set.

How well do these sell? Will it be possible to just buy one figure at a time eventually, or do they stay as sets and stay the same price?

I see. Crap. I guess I have nothing to look forward to with the BSG and SMDM figures, huh? Already that Sasquach figure looks ridiculous, or like the Gremlin in the Twilight Zone episode with Shatner.

I like their figures a fair bit, thinking about it now. I only own the Venture Bros henchmen figures but I'm very happy with them, I can see myself buying a lot more. Others in the VB line I'm planning to pick up, and a few of their Twilight Zone figures look OK to me. The Fembot figure might be something I would be interested in picking up, too.

Sucks you have to buy then in pairs. $38 for a set of two is okay I guess, but not so good if one of the figures is not anything you really want. They were smart to put a good one and a not so good one together for each set.

How well do these sell? Will it be possible to just buy one figure at a time eventually, or do they stay as sets and stay the same price?

I see them often in pairs but I think most places sell them separately. I don't think the 'pairs' are actually in some sort of 2-in-1 box, I think they're just seperate packages that they for whatever reason try to push as a pair.

Also, I don't know about prices in general but on TFAW.com I often see these figures for as low as $10 - 15.

Thanks for posting, Grosby!

Hmmm. The BSG Starbuck and Apollo look kinda crappy. Very little detail in the costumes. The heads look huge but the link says they'll be more in scale in the final product.

IMG_0463.JPG

So I was at my local comic book store (Jay & Silent Bob's in Red Bank, NJ) and saw the BBP Steve Austin and Sasquach. I only ended up getting Steve, though. And even then, he looks a bit goofy. But I had been keeping my eye on ebay for him and saw that he didn't really go for any less than about $28-$30. They had him here for $24, so I thought, what the hey.

IMG_6888.JPG

There's something almost creepy looking about him. He kinda looks like a little puppet that could come to life and kill people. Definitely not the greatest looking figure.

However, I did discover a really cool feature about him: the arms and legs have bionic designs over transparent plastic! Pretty cool, I'd say!

IMG_6889.JPG

IMG_6891.JPG

Here he is compared to his ancestor:

IMG_6894.JPG

But before I stumbled across Steve, I saw the coolest damn thing I have ever seen!

IMG_6884.JPG

IMG_6883.JPG

That's right! An Oscar Goldman briefcase metal lunchbox! How freaking awesome is that? I didn't even know they were making this!

I'd say, forget the figure, get the lunchbox!

Hey, I loved Mego figures when I was a kid! :mad:

:wink1:

I forgot to mention the figure also came with a keychain that plays the bionic sounds of his eye, and of his arms and legs, "...we can rebuild him, we have the technology" and "better, stronger, faster".

I was also at Forbidden Planet in Manhattan over the weekend and saw the BSG figures. The human figures looked terrible, but the cylons were not bad.

Back