New from Medicom; Rocketeer re-release.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now he comes with the Mauser. Gee, if I cared about how limited something was this would be a slap in the face and a kick up the backside.

If I'd paid upwards of $400 for this guy I'd also be a bit put out too.

:horror

I dont own it..but IMO ,one of the best medicom figures ever...

I've got the original, it's one of my all time favorites. I ordered it early on so paid whatever the retail was??? $120 or so, I forget. This one is cooler with the mauser though. I don't know if I have it in me to get a new one with all the SSC product I have on order now though.

The helmet IS removable, but it's just a blank face so the helmet will fit better. The hair that appears under the helmet is the only part of the head that is sculpted and painted.

Hmm, I stand corrected; I've had mine out of the box only a few times, and had forgotten. Upon closer examination, the helmet IS a seperate piece, but was obviously never intended to be removed, as it seems to be glued to the head underneath (at least it appears that way; I don't intend to pull hard enough to find out). It's a nice enough figure, the costuming is great, especially the rocket pack, but he's a bit smallish next to other 1/6 scales. If they had been able to engineer a removeable helmet with Cliff Secord's head underneath, I would have liked it more. I paid around $175, as I recall, and felt a bit foolish after seeing it. Now that they're re-issuing it, I also feel a bit cheated that I won't have the mauser; I wonder if they might make it available seperately for those who own the original?

I just noticed, it appears the gripping, gloved hands are new as well. My original came with a second set of hands, but they were bare hands, not gloved. Did all the first issues come this way (with a 2nd set of flesh-toned hands) ?

A great figure indeed! In fact, I have two of them.

rocketeerthree.jpg

Darklord Dave said:
The helmet IS removable, but it's just a blank face so the helmet will fit better. The hair that appears under the helmet is the only part of the head that is sculpted and painted.

LOL! I gotta see that!

Back