acer laptop!need your advice!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecekat

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi guys,
i want to buy an acer laptop.it has very good proccessor,ram and video card..does anyone have one ??are they good??or should i buy hp??
thanks for looking~

I have an Acer Aspire had it about 1 year and love it not had one single problem and i use it every day for about 8 hours for a whole host of things so +1 for Acer from me.

thank you guys!!i probably buy the acer 5739G,with bluray also!!

yeah!it has windows 7!so,no problem at all with acer??right?with the temperature and all these..ok??

It has been about a year and a half since I have done any computer shopping, so this may have changed. But I haven't really seen a difference with problems from one brand to another as far as hardware goes. The harware components used for pretty much all computers comes from like 2 or 3 sources each. For example, most hard drives are either Seagate or Pheonix, most of the processors are either Intel or AMD, most of the input devices (mice and keyboards) are either Microsoft or Logitech.

It comes down to what bells and whistles you prefer and what price. I have traditionally gone with Gateway as I like the basic look of their computers, they used to have a choice of faster processors and higher capacity graphics hardware (same hardware as everyone else, just slightly more memory on them), among other slightly faster or larger hardware. And to me, their customer service was even better than Dell. But then they stopped custom making the laptops and I was going to switch to Dell, but then they started making the Gateway One all-in-one unit again and so I am going to get that as my next computer.

If Acer has what you want in a computer, it should be no worse than any other brand out of the box. I do not know what their costomer service is like.

If you have to go with a Windows machine, Acer is usually the brand I recommend. Good machines, good prices, and good customer service.

Just make sure you're getting Windows 7.

I'm in the same position and looking for a new one at the moment too. I'm undecided between an Acer or a Toshiba. I was looking at the Comet website and there's a few great ones.

I've had an Acer before this one (this is hp) and it was really good, took a couple of years before it needed replacing so I am tempted to get another. That Toshiba is tempting me though, bigger screen, memory but I dunno what Toshiba are like reliability wise on Laptop's.
I may just go with what I know (Acer) cos that was one great little laptop and all I really use it for is shopping online, checking websites and emails. I will just be happy to get Windows 7, this one has Vista and it's annoying :banghead

Ecekat, you can't go wrong with an Acer imo, if you have found one you are happy with then go for it.
x :peace

I'm in the same position and looking for a new one at the moment too. I'm undecided between an Acer or a Toshiba. I was looking at the Comet website and there's a few great ones.

I've had an Acer before this one (this is hp) and it was really good, took a couple of years before it needed replacing so I am tempted to get another. That Toshiba is tempting me though, bigger screen, memory but I dunno what Toshiba are like reliability wise on Laptop's.
I may just go with what I know (Acer) cos that was one great little laptop and all I really use it for is shopping online, checking websites and emails. I will just be happy to get Windows 7, this one has Vista and it's annoying :banghead

Ecekat, you can't go wrong with an Acer imo, if you have found one you are happy with then go for it.
x :peace
thank you all guys..adoptedscot,the laptop i am using now is hp also.i am very happy with it..no problems at all ,even with vista!!and i work it with very hard programs and all of that.the problem is that the hp's laptop with the same specifications as acer's is about 440 euros more...i have not used an acer before,all my laptops were hp..

Ive been told by computer techs to never buy HP. that is the most common brand that comes through shops to be repaired.

My sis in law and friend both had HP laptops and both motherboards died for no reason within a year. I'd say go with anything else but the HP. I know people have been talking ^^^^ about Dell in the other thread, but my Dell laptop has been with me for 5 years, and the only problem ive ever had was the original hard drive dying on me after 4 years of use. last year I replaced it with a much bigger HD and it's still running like a champ.

Ive been told by computer techs to never buy HP. that is the most common brand that comes through shops to be repaired.

My sis in law and friend both had HP laptops and both motherboards died for no reason within a year. I'd say go with anything else but the HP.

really???thanks for the advice...i found also an apple one..

My sis in law and friend both had HP laptops and both motherboards died for no reason within a year. I'd say go with anything else but the HP. I know people have been talking ^^^^ about Dell in the other thread, but my Dell laptop has been with me for 5 years, and the only problem ive ever had was the original hard drive dying on me after 4 years of use. last year I replaced it with a much bigger HD and it's still running like a champ.
Thats good to know, thanks.
I've been having problems with this one since June/July when it crashed completely. After I got it repaired the Wireless switch stopped working so I now use a manual one plugged into one of the USB sockets and for the last couple of months it sounds like a rocket, either that or its gonna explode, sometimes if I hit it, it stops :lol
So, I'm shopping for a new one now, i've given up on it. I will avoid hp now, I just thought I got a dud but I guess not.
Thanks for the advice pal
x :wave

I don't know about HP laptops, but I've always owned HP desktops, and so has my whole family, and have never had any problems with them.

Back