Predalien Bust or Alien Warrior Maquette?? Can't Decide, Need help!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can only afford one this year.

I don't know why? But I'm drawn more to the Predalien bust. Maybe because of it's the sheer size and complexity of it's design. And the strange thing is I hated the movie. I thought the characteristic of the beast laying embryo's with it's mouth toungue was ridiculous. .

The Warrior on the other hand is my all time favorite, and it's $500 cheaper! I really could afford one or the other. But if I went with the predalien I know I would have to get rid atleast a couple of figures for sure.

Still it's so hard to decide.

seems pretty simple to me. get the maquette and keep your collection intact.

i can't imagine spending that kind of $$ on a bust from such a terrible movie anyway.
plus it's just a head. AND you'd have to hock some figures to have it.
bleh.

and remember: advice from strangers on the internet is always the best advice.

seems pretty simple to me. get the maquette and keep your collection intact.

i can't imagine spending that kind of $$ on a bust from such a terrible movie anyway.
plus it's just a head. AND you'd have to hock some figures to have it.
bleh.

and remember: advice from strangers on the internet is always the best advice.

Yeah it was a horrible movie but the designs for both monsters were cool. The thing that I'm going through right now is that I have the dog alien maquette now and was looking for my first 1:1 scale bust. And In know the Wolf bust is available but don't like the way SS designed the bust itself. And I can't really afford the alien warrior bust, but the Predalien would be my first chance to own such a piece. And I really do like the design.

Go for the Predalien it was much more visually stunning than the maquette at the con. Everyone was having there picture taken with it over there.

Get the Alien Warrior 1:1 bust from the other thread, that is worth it to sell of a couple pieces for.

Alien Warrior. That's the one I'm going to make sure I get first.
If I can't come up with the money for the predalien. oh well, but at least I'll have the Alien Warrior maquette.

The Predalien bust is the far more visually impressive of the two. However, the Alien Warrior maquette depicts a more iconic creature and is more manageable.
Decisions, decisions!

I can only afford one this year.

I don't know why? But I'm drawn more to the Predalien bust. Maybe because of it's the sheer size and complexity of it's design. And the strange thing is I hated the movie. I thought the characteristic of the beast laying embryo's with it's mouth toungue was ridiculous. .

The Warrior on the other hand is my all time favorite, and it's $500 cheaper! I really could afford one or the other. But if I went with the predalien I know I would have to get rid atleast a couple of figures for sure.

Still it's so hard to decide.

I think you have answered your own question Chaver.
Get the Alien warrior bro, save your self some cash and space.
Personaly I couldnt justify spending that kind of cash on a piece
from a very lame movie.

I think u have to consider space as a determinant. I finally skipped on the predalien bust cos the vader 1:1 bust is going to take up the remaining display space I have.

If space is not a problem, get the predalien bust. To me the fact that it was cast from the actual molds wins it for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I think getting the Predalien is not such a great idea anymore. I just found out by looking at the demensions on SS"S website that this thing is going to be 25" in width. My cabinet is 24" wide, so I would not be able to accomidate such a piece. I am definitely not going to opnely display it.

Looks like I'll be going with the Alien Warrior maquette and saving me some money... and space. Hey, that doesn't mean my dream of owning a cool 1:1 scale alien bust is no more, We still have the new Ridley Scott directed film coming out, and I'm sure Sideshow is going to produce another alien bust from this film, which, will be much smaller than the predalien, and afordable. :chew

Last edited:
Yeah I think getting the Predalien is not such a great idea anymore. I just found out by looking at the demensions on SS"S website that this thing is going to be 25" in width. My cabinet is 24" wide, so I would not be able to accomidate such a piece. I am definitely not going to opnely display it.

Looks like I'll be going with the Alien Warrior maquette and saving me some money... and space. Hey, that doesn't mean my dream of owning a cool 1:1 scale alien bust is no more, We still have the new Ridley Scott directed film coming out, and I'm sure Sideshow is going to produce another alien bust from this film, which, will be much smaller than the predalien, and afordable. :chew

Are you getting the HCG Alien 1:1 bust?

Are you getting the HCG Alien 1:1 bust?

I don't know? What I've seen so far of it doesn't really impress me. I'd have to wait to see in hand pics befor I made a decision. I do like Gigers original design, but I'm reserved on the HCG piece at the moment

Back