Soccer/Football-English Premier League 2009/2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthTrafford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well the season started off today on Saturday and the goals flew in.
Arsenal scored 6 against Everton who only scored once.
Other scores on Saturday were...

Chelsea 2 - 1 Hull City
Portsmouth 0 - 1 Fulham
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 2 West Ham
Blackburn Rovers 0 - 2 Manchester City
Bolton Wanderers 0 - 1 Sunderland
Aston Villa 0 - 2 Wigan Athletic
Stoke City 2 - 0 Burnley
Everton 1 - 6 Arsenal

MANCHESTER UNITED begin their season on Sunday against Birmingham @ Old Trafford
Liverpool visit Tottenham @ Whitehart Lane

Arsenal could probably be the surprise of the season. The rest of the big four made so little changes while so little is known about the youngsters at Arsenal.

Good to see a thread up :). Man U 1-0 over Birmingham. Average game, but glad they started off with a win. Great start for Arsenal. Might be something in it for them, this year.

Everton marking was non-existant. It was a truley aweful defensive display.... That being said the Gooners did look pretty good.

My Spurs came away with a nice home win over the other Merseyside team. This made me quite happy.... It honestly should have been far more one sided then the score shows.

Any one else a fan of a team that's not Chelski, Manure, Scum or Liverpoool?

Pity, final was also 1-0 to Burnley...

Spurs on the other hand are tip top of the table! 5-1 thrashing of Hull insured that! What a fantastic start! Will this last? Course not. But I do like what I see. No other team took more points off the top four last term... it was these type of fixtures that gave us problems. Harry has us playing good football... sure is nice to see.

Here are this weekends fixtures....
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Arsenal v Portsmouth Emirates Stadium

Birmingham v Stoke City St Andrews Stadium

Hull City v Bolton Wanderers Kingston Communications Stadium

Sunderland v Blackburn Rovers Stadium of Light

Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers City of Manchester Stadium

Wigan Athletic v Manchester United The DW Stadium

Sunday, August 23, 2009
West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur Upton Park

Burnley v Everton Turf Moor

Fulham v Chelsea Craven Cottage

Monday, August 24, 2009
Liverpool v Aston Villa Anfield

WIGAN ATHLETIC(0) v Manchester United(5)
Other results.....

Arsenal 4 - 1 Portsmouth
Birmingham 0 - 0 Stoke City
Hull City 1 - 0 Bolton Wanderers
Sunderland 2 - 1 Blackburn Rovers
Manchester City 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Final Wigan Athletic 0 - 5 Manchester United
:chew

Any thoughts on the Gooner ManU fixture? Spurs play Birmingham and I'd love to see another strong performance... This could shape into an interesting season. Villa are out of Europe so they'll be focused on the league, City look strong and Spurs are playing well. Could we see some shift up at the top?

I'm fancying Utd to do a number on Arsenal tomorrow ... and i'll be there in the stand to see it happen WOOT!

I'm fancying Utd to do a number on Arsenal tomorrow ... and i'll be there in the stand to see it happen WOOT!

I'll be hoping for the same. You read Wenger's comments on Eduardo being charged with diving v. the Hoops? I'll give ARSEne credit, he always has his players backs... :lol I'm suprised he didn't use his old standby "I did not see this"

I'll be hoping for the same. You read Wenger's comments on Eduardo being charged with diving v. the Hoops? I'll give ARSEne credit, he always has his players backs... :lol I'm suprised he didn't use his old standby "I did not see this"

I'm gonna have to read the article :D Wenger is soccer's Mr Magoo :lol

Here are the fixtures for Saturday...

Chelsea v Burnley
Tottenham Hotspur v Birmingham
Blackburn Rovers v West Ham United
Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool
Stoke City v Sunderland
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Hull City
Manchester United v Arsenal

For Sunday...
Portsmouth v Manchester City
Everton v Wigan Athletic
Aston Villa v Fulham

COME ON MANCHESTER UNITED!

The last two times they met last year. Arsenal was no match against Utd. With the current form for each side, I say it did be a pretty even game.:lol

man u 3-1 arsenal- is my prediction :) with arsenal scoring first, although im always wrong :lol

Back